False email indicating DH is Platinum??

kathy884

I just think the Platinum freebies diminish the value of the product. Similar to SHOWTIME and HBO having "free" months now and then to NON-SUBSCRIBERS. A slap in the face to those that PAY for these channels every month.

But, it actually doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things to me as Carnival's product has diminished so much in the last several years. I'll be "loyal" as long as Carnival keeps pumping out these giveaway prices (most with no single supplement), I really only used the early boarding and FREE laundry perks anyhow. The rest is just fluff, IMHO.

Edited by glrounds

I just think the Platinum freebies diminish the value of the product. Similar to SHOWTIME and HBO having "free" months now and then to NON-SUBSCRIBERS. A slap in the face to those that PAY for these channels every month.

But, it actually doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things to me as Carnival's product has diminished so much in the last several years. I'll be "loyal" as long as Carnival keeps pumping out these giveaway prices (most with no single supplement), I really only used the early boarding and FREE laundry perks anyhow. The rest is just fluff, IMHO.

I agree, and that is one of the main reasons we have kept booking CCL, LOW PRICES. Not Loyal to CCL as I am my wallet. When I don't enjoy the cruise line anymore, then time to move to a different line.

Oh my.. Plats and diamonds hate FTTF they will really love them giving perks away for free... Lets home the masses doesn't read this

Ill get my popcorn ready..

Quite to the contrary; now that they're selling FTTF our room is always ready when we board and we don't have to break the rules and drop our carry on's off like we always did. Our luggage also arrives MUCH earlier than in the past. Prior to FTTF it was all by chance, but now that there'$ money involved they have to abide by at least the minimum guidelines.

Whether they give it away or sell it is irrelevant to me.

Quite to the contrary; now that they're selling FTTF our room is always ready when we board and we don't have to break the rules and drop our carry on's off like we always did. Our luggage also arrives MUCH earlier than in the past. Prior to FTTF it was all by chance, but now that there'$ money involved they have to abide by at least the minimum guidelines.

Whether they give it away or sell it is irrelevant to me.

I also liked being able to go to the cabin as soon as we board the ship. We turned Platinum last year and Freedom did not have FTTF at that time so we still had to take our luggage with us to Lido for lunch. We are not ones to go through closed doors when we aren't supposed to do so.