7 Night Eastern Caribbean Promotion from Hamilton, ON

TravelBugM

Has anyone had any experience with this promotion?

7 Night Eastern Caribbean aboard the Celebrity Reflection

Includes return flight from Hamilton, ON to Fort Lauderdale.

Transfer to Port of Miami

Veranda Stateroom (category 2D)

Classic Beverage Package

All Taxes & Gratuities

from $1,899 CDN per person

I've done the math and it's not a bad deal. Just wondering if anyone has taken advantage of the offering.

Once you consider the cost of gratuities and transfers whether or not this is a good deal depends on how cheap you can find airfare.

Airfare from Ottawa is running $550-$600 so it's close. If you're after convenience go for it, but search to see if you can do it cheaper on your own.

My guess is this promo is geared towards people who normally do all inclusive resorts and are scared off cruising because of the tips and the perceived high cost of drinks.

I've booked a 10 day cruise for March 2015. If I can find flights for $450 I'll come in about the same as this offer with the only difference being needing to find my own way to and from the port.

Has anyone had any experience with this promotion?

7 Night Eastern Caribbean aboard the Celebrity Reflection

Includes return flight from Hamilton, ON to Fort Lauderdale.

Transfer to Port of Miami

Veranda Stateroom (category 2D)

Classic Beverage Package

All Taxes & Gratuities

from $1,899 CDN per person

I've done the math and it's not a bad deal. Just wondering if anyone has taken advantage of the offering.

May I know where you saw that promotion ?

We booked this for March and thought it was a good price seeing as it's a Celebrity promotion. We've booked other cruises separately but, it can be a hassle at times booking the cruise then finding a flight. For us the all inclusive nature was the selling point (cruise, flight, transfers, drinks, gratuities, tax). Plus our TA is picking up parking at Hamilton airport.

Could we have gotten it cheaper, probably but, for us at this time it was convienance over price.

We booked this cruise last week. First time we will be only 5 min. from the airport. If we fly out of Toronto or Buffalo we have to drive I hour to the airport. Being in the land of ice and snow in the winter months we go to the airport the day before our flight. We fly to Florida two days before the cruise. We don't have to but you never know when you book what the weather will be like the day of the cruise. Over the years have heard of lots of people who missed their cruise due to weather so we would rather get there and just relax before the cruise.

For us when we think of the extra cost of hotels,meals and transfers this cruise was the best of the best. When Celebrity offered it we could not pass on it. With the 123 program and flight with transfer from airport in Miami to the ship it was all stress free. They have sold out all of March and most of April. I hope that the response was such that Celebrity will offer more of them. We have cruised with Celebrity many times and have enjoyed every cruise

canusa1/cherylxox/karatequy - I bet after yet another snowfall yesterday you are really happy you booked and are counting the days! Please post a review of the experience upon your return!

karateguy - I didn't realize you now had to pay for parking at Hamilton airport. It used to be free, yes? How much is it now? Whatever the amount, I'm sure it's cheaper than parking or a limo to Pearson.

I'm thinking this might be a good option for our first ocean cruise experience. If we hadn't already booked to go south at the end of March, I would defnitely be booking.

Edited by TravelBugM

canusa1/cherylxox/karatequy - I bet after yet another snowfall yesterday you are really happy you booked and are counting the days! Please post a review of the experience upon your return!

karateguy - I didn't realize you now had to pay for parking at Hamilton airport. It used to be free, yes? How much is it now? Whatever the amount, I'm sure it's cheaper than parking or a limo to Pearson.

I'm thinking this might be a good option for our first ocean cruise experience. If we hadn't already booked to go south at the end of March, I would defnitely be booking.

TravelBugM this cruise us not a TA it is to the Caribbean. Yes I am sooooo looking forward to the sea breeze,salt air and the sun on my face. If anyone in the area is thinking of going on a cruise this is the best way to do it. No stress worry free. Plus a fantastic ship a great cruise plus the 123 program. You have to love it. We are booked to go in a Aqua stateroom this time to see if we might like it. I will try and post when we get home and give you a review of the cruise.

My guess is this promo is geared towards people who normally do all inclusive resorts and are scared off cruising because of the tips and the perceived high cost of drinks.

I had the same thought as well, after hearing Celebrity ads on local radio with this promo ('from' $1999 ex-YOW).

Edited by YOW

I had the same thought as well, after hearing Celebrity ads on local radio with this promo ('from' $1999 ex-YOW).

It will be interesting to see if you are right. But I think that most of them will be experienced cruisers like ourselves who like the convince. The price has gone up 100.00$ since we booked.

• 4 weeks later...

We are going as well on March 22. We thought it was a great deal but then they charged us in US funds which was a $400 difference in price. After quite a few phone calls and e-mails they refunded us the difference and I think it is a good deal. They also gave us a free meal at one of the restaurants as well.