Obstructed View on Balcony

yukongold

It's a room with French doors to the outside and a life boat or two blocking the view. It's not a balcony in the sense that it has a deck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not true...the 4k's on the Spirit class ships are not considered balcony cabins.

Yukongold,

You are probably being offered a 7A. I had one of these on the Spirit to Australia in 2012. They are actually nice cabins. However, if the cabin is behind the first 3 tender/lifeboats, those sit up higher and view will be partially blocked, when sitting on balcony looking straight out. If it is further back, the lifeboats sit flush with the deck and the view is clear looking straight out. You will have a blocked view when looking straight down into water.

I

Thanks everyone. Crzndeb you are right - it was a 7A. I will need to upgrade to a better cabin. You all helped me avoid a cabin we probably would not have enjoyed. The pictures helped a lot also.

Again, thanks.

Edited by yukongold

Thanks everyone. Crzndeb you are right - it was a 7A. I will need to upgrade to a better cabin. You all helped me avoid a cabin we probably would not have enjoyed. The pictures helped a lot also.

Again, thanks.

Do a search for 7A's. The only obstruction is if you are looking over the railing straight down, otherwise there is really is no obstruction. The cabins (5142-5167) behind the 1st 3 life boats will be obstructed because they sit higher than the others. Also, the arms that hold the tenders might be in your way if you want to take a picture. We have booked cabins (5176, 5177) in between the life boats and in the middle (5180) of the life boats. We liked the middle of the life boats better.