ULTIMATE Premium & Ultimate Drink Package Thread

I was thinking the same things. I shot a list of questions to customer service via the website, many matching what you listed; including the ability to pay an upcharge for drinks more than $10/wine more than $12 a glass, possibility of doubles (which I doubt) and inquiring if ALL drinks and liquors are part of the package if under $10 (and asked if specialty bars, like the R-Bar are included). Finally, I asked about off menu drinks we've seen on other ships that do not appear on the drink menu (make your own drink). It'll be interesting to see the content of the reply.
The whole "included liquor brands" relates to the old drink packages. All cocktails $10 and under are included with these new packages, including the patron margarita. Also, many pictures of beer menus from the pubs that have been posted show several beers with an * indicating they are excluded from all packages. Apparently several of those (like Guinness) are now included.

OK, I thought the post with the lists of "included liquor brands was pretty recent, but maybe the post was recent but the published lists were not, I"ll go back and look.

Another page to print out - regarding venues where they're honored - pretty clearly says "ANY of our bars or lounges..."

In which venues will the all-inclusive beverage packages be honored?

If the info about "included liquor brands" is out of date, then the big remaining item which is unclear is the wines in excess of $12.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Sorry if this has been covered- so do miss the search function. I have been following this thread but don't recall seeing this- wasn't aware of these drinks till I saw menu in a picture review someone is doing. Does anyone know if the coffee/alcohol drinks ie Irish coffee, bourbon chocolate mint coffee that are at the Donut Place on Broadwalk are covered with either of the Alcohol packages.

I would think that since they have alcohol they would be considered a "drink" not a coffee & would be covered in both packages-

Thanks

Nancy

I am thinking of purchasing the drink package and something I haven't seen asked.

Do all bars make all kinds of drinks? I found a drink list with the ingredients and mixers and want to try quite a few, but do not want to run all over the ship to try to find them.

Does the Champagne bar only serve champagne drinks and wine and the English Pub only beer?

Also are there any bars that serve the after dinner cordials that are available in the MDR?

Thanks for your help.

I am thinking of purchasing the drink package and something I haven't seen asked.

Do all bars make all kinds of drinks? I found a drink list with the ingredients and mixers and want to try quite a few, but do not want to run all over the ship to try to find them.

Does the Champagne bar only serve champagne drinks and wine and the English Pub only beer?

Also are there any bars that serve the after dinner cordials that are available in the MDR?

Thanks for your help.

Most bars make most drinks. You may find some drinks that are only served in one bar, like some drinks in the R-Bar.

I reached out to Royal Caribbean because I felt some posts on here were giving conflicting information about the drinks package and what is included, so here is what she had to say:

We will be happy to provide some information on our beverage packages. They can be confusing. The Royal Replenish Beverage Package contains:

• Premium coffee – Starbuck’s brand from dining venues not from Starbuck’s Kiosk

• Premium tea

• Bottled water: Sparkling (375ml) or Still (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed orange juice

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Milkshakes are not included in any of the beverage packages, which is too bad because we do have great milkshakes at our Johnny Rockets 50’s style diner. Frozen (non-alcoholic) cocktails are not included in the Royal Replenish package but are included in the Premium Beverage Package. Smoothies are not included in any of our Beverage Packages. Room service drinks are the same as dining room drinks in terms of pricing (see beverage package for what is included).

The coffee choices can be a bit confusing, so here goes. The regular coffee served in the main dining room and throughout the ship is Seattle’s Best Coffee. This coffee is complementary and, as such, is included in the price of your cruise vacation.

Additionally, we offer Starbuck’s coffee onboard. Starbuck’s coffee is included in two of our beverage packages, the Royal Replenish and the Ultimate Beverage Packages. Here you can order basic specialty coffee drinks like Mochas and Cappuccinos (subject to availability).

Some of our ships also have an onboard Starbuck’s kiosks where guests can order all of their favorite fancy specialty coffee drinks (like Frappuccinos, etc.) for an additional fee. Starbuck’s specialty coffee from the Starbucks kiosk is not included in any beverage package.

Nina Birchwood

Customer Service Representative

Sorry if this has been asking a million times before but since I can't search...

Does it make a difference when you buy the drink package? In port versus at sea?

Just trying to figure out if there's a benefit to purchasing prior to cruising or waiting until we board. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asking a million times before but since I can't search...

Does it make a difference when you buy the drink package? In port versus at sea?

Just trying to figure out if there's a benefit to purchasing prior to cruising or waiting until we board. Thanks!

Same price before or on board the cruise. However, if you wait until you are on board, you do have the option of purchasing for the remainder of the cruise. In other words, they will let you purchase after day 1, as long as there are at least 4 days left, and you purchase until the end of the cruise.

Same price before or on board the cruise. However, if you wait until you are on board, you do have the option of purchasing for the remainder of the cruise. In other words, they will let you purchase after day 1, as long as there are at least 4 days left, and you purchase until the end of the cruise.

That's interesting, I didn't realize that. So you could potentially wait and only do the drink package for half of the cruise? I wish there was a way to get the package daily, but I guess the cruise line wants you to pay more. I just can't see myself drinking that heavily every single day!

I reached out to Royal Caribbean because I felt some posts on here were giving conflicting information about the drinks package and what is included, so here is what she had to say:

Great post, I have a few additional questions in to RCCL that I sent on Monday (how long did it take you to get a reply?) re things like doubles, upcharges and bottled water. I'll post the answers in the same manner. THANKS!

Great post, I have a few additional questions in to RCCL that I sent on Monday (how long did it take you to get a reply?) re things like doubles, upcharges and bottled water. I'll post the answers in the same manner. THANKS!

It actually took about a week. She apologize profusely about the delay though, said they have been really backed up and that e-mail has been the most popular way to communicate lately.

I saw a FB post from a friend of mine that was at Margaritaville in Vegas enjoying a Margarita sampler. So here is something I don't think has been asked before. I'm wondering if, without breaking the no more than 2-drink rule for 2 people, create a sampler of sorts. I already purchased the Premium Package for my wife and I. With the right bartender at the pool bar, It'd be fun to order 4 1/2 margarita flavors (or two and two different ice teas; Long Island and Italian). Thoughts?

So just got back from a 3 night Majesty cruise and you can now buy an alcohol package on a 3 night sailing!! We purchased the Premium Package for $55/night!!

Thanks for the update, now I'm wondering if Enchantment allows the package on their 3 day.

Thanks for the update, now I'm wondering if Enchantment allows the package on their 3 day.

I can tell you that I tried to buy it before the cruise and was told it wasn't offered. The first time at the bar I overheard someone say that they had it. So make sure to ask at any bar if they sell them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A while back I'd sent a few questions about the Premium Package, specifically about doubles and if the package applied to all bars (including The R-Bar). The answer, certainly clears up it can be use at ALL bars, but creates a possible questions regarding doubles:

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for your email. Please accept our apologies for the extended delay in our response. More customers than ever before are choosing the convenience of email as their primary mode of communication. As a result, the turnaround time for responses has increased. Acknowledging that this level of service is unacceptable regardless of cause, we hope you will accept our regrets, and believe that this is not indicative of the level of service we strive to provide. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The Premium Package, at $55 per guest each day, includes:

Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value) Frozen cocktails Beers Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value) Non-alcoholic cocktails (includes frozen varieties) Still bottled water (500ml) Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup 20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

The Premium Package will be honored in all the bars, lounges and at our private destinations: Labadee, Haiti, and CocoCay, Bahamas. Multiple beverages may not be ordered at the same time. Please kindly note that packages may not be shared or transferred to another guest. If you order a drink that is not included in the package, you can pay the difference in price. Additionally, if you order a drink with extra shots, it will add to the price of the drink and you may have to pay the difference in price. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 1-800-327-6700. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

Based on the answer, it seem plausible that I could order a Call Margarita and have them add an extra shot of tequila and, if the price does not exceed $10 it would fit in the package. If over $10, I'd just pay the difference. Now, I think it'd be much more enjoyable to get single, top shelf drinks, but its interesting to see the option. Probably another way those talking about the peach long island ice teas could get this. Order the ice tea and drop a shot of peach schnapps in.

Not sure why they added the comment about sharing the package. My wife and I are done and paid for a (7) days of our cruise for both of us. Likely generic (copy/paste) verbiage. The one questions they didn't answer was if I could grab multiple bottles of water to go to the gym, steamroom and sauna with. Seems like a pain to only get 500MLs in a single bottle at a time.

Great thread! My husband and I will be sailing on the Freedom in June and definitely will get the Premium package. My question concerns wine at Vintages. I see that they have some wine on the expensive side, and also offer 2oz pours. Can I get a 2oz pour as long as it's under $12? For example, there are wines that are $20+ for a 5oz pour, but $10-12 for a 2oz pour. Thanks in advance for your help, y'all!

Great thread! My husband and I will be sailing on the Freedom in June and definitely will get the Premium package. My question concerns wine at Vintages. I see that they have some wine on the expensive side, and also offer 2oz pours. Can I get a 2oz pour as long as it's under $12? For example, there are wines that are $20+ for a 5oz pour, but $10-12 for a 2oz pour. Thanks in advance for your help, y'all!

There was a great post in one of the related threads about a couple that befriended the sommelier (via tip) that "allowed" a steady stream of 2oz pours at any price below the $12 max. I am going to approach the package from the it doesn't hurt to ask mentality.

There was a great post in one of the related threads about a couple that befriended the sommelier (via tip) that "allowed" a steady stream of 2oz pours at any price below the $12 max. I am going to approach the package from the it doesn't hurt to ask mentality.

I'm pretty sure I've read there's no restrictions on how many drinks - only a 15 minute wait between drinks. If that's true, seems a 2oz pour every 15-20 minutes should be completely "legal!" :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I've read there's no restrictions on how many drinks - only a 15 minute wait between drinks. If that's true, seems a 2oz pour every 15-20 minutes should be completely "legal!" :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I have only heard of the 15 minute wait with the soda machines? Does this now apply to alcohol? I'll be bummed if it does.

I have only heard of the 15 minute wait with the soda machines? Does this now apply to alcohol? I'll be bummed if it does.

No interval enforced between alcoholic drinks ... yet.