What is up with the Connie?

CruzeBoozer

I have only sailed on S class ships assuming they are the best because they are the newest am I missing something by not going on the Connie? It seems there are always far most post on this board about the Connie than any other ship.

People who sail on the Connie have an affection for her and her crew. They just seem to stand out on every cruise! Also, since the Connie has been around a lot longer than any S Class ship, it is only natural that you would read more comments about her. If you ever find an itinerary on the Connie that suits you, I think you would enjoy her as well. :)

People who sail on the Connie have an affection for her and her crew. They just seem to stand out on every cruise! Also, since the Connie has been around a lot longer than any S Class ship, it is only natural that you would read more comments about her. If you ever find an itinerary on the Connie that suits you, I think you would enjoy her as well. :)

Thanks foe the insight. The duration makes allot of sense on the post volume. Perhaps a Connie itinerary will be in my future travel plans.

There are many people on lots of cruise lines who prefer the older ships because they are smaller - and generally they have a better ratio of public space per passenger. They don't have the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but they have a certain class and can provide a more relaxing experience. Celebrity's M-class is an excellent example of this, as are Coral/Island Princess.

It's rather funny. I've been on the Connie three times and have two more booked, all b/c of the itinerary -- but also b/c our first experience was so good.

First was aBaltic in 2008, then Panama Canal in '09, then a repositioning, Amsterdam to Istanbul, in 2011 or '12, not sure.

Now we're soon to go on a four-night to Nassau and Key West (two fun destinations), and then we look forward to the Black Sea in Oct.

So it's kind of serendipity for me.

Same with the Equinox. Did a southern Caribbean that we loved and then jumped at a great Mediterranean. And I like the size, just fine.

I think whoever does the itineraries just happens to schedule the ones I love on the Connie and the Equinox. And although we've sat in three different locations around the dining room with different wait staff on the Connie, we've always been pleased. In fact, the three best waiters we've had on all 16 cruises we've been on were all on the Connie. Over a space of three or four years. Must be good karma!

Edited by May B