New Commercial

rdler

I had to love that new commercial Carnival is running. It has four lovely young children, having just met at the beginning of the cruise, bonding with a slide down the sliding board linked together. It looked so fun, that my son if we could do that next time we travel with his cousins.

"No," I had to confess. "They only allow one person down at a time. Liability issues."

It is a great commercial, but just wrong. I have to wonder if any folks from the c-wing in Carnival's Miami office have ever traveled with them.

False advertising!

Are you frigging kidding me? I can't believe this is actually a thread... It's not real life, people! It's a commercial! It's your job to teach your children, not your televisions so stop blaming Carnival for misleading your kids.

Hi grumpyjr -- I must be a long lost cousin 'cause I feel the same way. There are tons of commercials showing unrealistic activities. Moms and dads are responsible for teaching their kids what's right and what's wrong.

Great eye catching commercial. However, really bad to show children doing something that is not allowed. I paused the screen to read the fine print about one rider at a time unless you are a professional bob sledder. Again, this is really misleading. I can already see some drunk red necks going out of Galveston saying "you ain't gonna tell my boy he can't do that - watch your commercial". And this gentleman will have a valid point.

A Redneck I might be but I would never let my 14-year-old daughter do a bobsleigh slide on a Carnival ship in front of her kids !

Edited by Marcel.from.NL

For starters, there is a Carnival employee standing at the top of the slides that wouldn't let any more than one person on the slide at a time anyway. They watch to make sure the last person has gotten out of the way before they let another person even get into the top of the slide. At least, that's the way it's been every time I've ever went down them.

WOW you folks are WAY too serious. I thought it was a great commercial., timed for the winter Olympics. Personally I really liked the part about 'they all just met yesterday' . That is a cruise from a kids view.

If you really want all commercials to reflect reality you certainly have a lot to complain about!:cool:

According to Carnival's disclaimer, more than one person can go down the slide at the same time. Apparently, if you are a professional bobsledder, you and your teammates CAN go down the slide together:

"Unless your a Professional Bobsledder, only one person may go down the slide at a time.”

see the disclaimer at :31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raUkHr-tpFs

I agree that I really love this commercial. That's it a commercial. Do lego blocks talk? There's a movie about that. I'm not insensitive to the kids, I had 3 and 6 grand kids. I've had this talk with them all, dolls as shown don't really work like that, hot wheels cars don't race like that. Well, they are all fine with explanations about what they're trying to sell. It's a feeling. The excitement about a cruise. Another big debate

I loved the commercial, thanks to ibcnusoon for posting it. :) How many kids are going to even remember the commercial by the time they sail, one or two? Unless the parents keep reminding them that they "can" do that on their cruise. :rolleyes:

I loved the commercial, thanks to ibcnusoon for posting it. :) How many kids are going to even remember the commercial by the time they sail, one or two? Unless the parents keep reminding them that they "can" do that on their cruise. :rolleyes:

Since Carnival caters to new cruisers, I'm assuming the newbie parents will think it's ok to do.

Since Carnival caters to new cruisers, I'm assuming the newbie parents will think it's ok to do.

Hopefully they'll post their disappointment in their ruined cruise here afterwards so that the throngs of experienced cruisers can explain the error in their thinking. :D Poor Carnival, they can't win for losing. :rolleyes:

Oh, if my kids see it, they'll remember it. They remember EVERYTHING.

Except to clean their room...

Except put their dishes in the sink...

Except put their toys away...

to all those comparing this to the crazy car commercials - this commercial is targeted for kids - not adult car owners.

It's apples and oranges. Would you be OK with Six Flags advertising a ride that doesn't even exist as long as they put a disclaimer at the bottom that the ride doesn't really exist but looks super fun?

Why would you show a kids' ride and show them something that is clearly not allowed and not going to happen?

I agree it is ridiculous and takes a lot of balls.

Who cares if it's the olympics? They are showing kids how fun it is to meet other kids and all go down the slide together! They might as well have shown an empty lounge chair area on a sunny day and nobody in a hot tub except you and your honey....Talk about false advertising.

Carnival seems to ignore the safety angle. Look at this commercial with a gas can!

Well, if kids try this at other places then it's a parents responsibility and supervision. This commercial is a target for parents, the person that spends the $$$. I'm glad to hear so many kids are glued to some exceptional tv for a change instead on their computers, game boxes. Why such a big deal. It's a salute to the Olympics. But, maybe the kids shouldn't be watching the Olympics- they might think they can fly off a mountain .

I had to love that new commercial Carnival is running. It has four lovely young children, having just met at the beginning of the cruise, bonding with a slide down the sliding board linked together. It looked so fun, that my son if we could do that next time we travel with his cousins.

"No," I had to confess. "They only allow one person down at a time. Liability issues."

It is a great commercial, but just wrong. I have to wonder if any folks from the c-wing in Carnival's Miami office have ever traveled with them.

I laughed my head off at the commercial. It was really cute for the Olympics. "It's hard to believe they all just met yesterday, look at the team work." Etc commentary. Not being a CCL fan, I give them credit for the olympic drama etc. It was very cute.

But not if it is not allowed... they shouldn't advertise something you can't do while on board. That's different than watching an Olympian do a stunt (and typically aren't a bunch of 7 year olds either...)

Still, I thought it was a MUCH better commercial than the recent ones.

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

They should have made it a single rider luge, with a parent at the bottom keeping time.

By the way, where are the parents off these kids in the commercial, allowing them to run off and play on the slide unsupervised?!?!? :eek:

tsk ... tsk

Edited by ibcnusoon

I HIGHLY doubt a group of kids will show up to the slide and tell the attendant they all saw this on TV and want to do it too.

On that note, I'm sure there are people mad at Wendy's because they ordered an Asiago Ranch Chicken Club and now the sandwich can't drive a motorcyle as seen on TV.

...seriously? When did everyone become so sensitive about EVERYTHING?

As a follow-up for adults, there should be a commercial showing adult passengers using rum-runners (and not being stopped by security).:rolleyes::D

I HIGHLY doubt a group of kids will show up to the slide and tell the attendant they all saw this on TV and want to do it too.

On that note, I'm sure there are people mad at Wendy's because they ordered an Asiago Ranch Chicken Club and now the sandwich can't drive a motorcyle as seen on TV.

...seriously? When did everyone become so sensitive about EVERYTHING?

There's a whole legion of kids just dumbfounded because they ate skittles and a rainbow didn't fly out of their mouths. Or better yet, they put on darth vader costumes expecting to lift a car. Or ate Doritos and didn't blast off! If you can't teach your kids television isn't reality, then maybe they shouldn't watch t.v.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk