The Ma'am's '8 Days a Week' Epic Review with pictures

medicalma'am

I hope NCL is paying attention to the whole Tech/iconcierge thing!

redjellybean - Those chairs were placed by Richard the other way. I moved them facing out. They fit on our deck 12 balcony fine even not angled. I angled them to have a bit of room to recline them. I think I would have just waited until 2 a.m. and gone and gotten one myself!!! (Again, I can just hear those security radios crackling.....LOL)

Willoughbee - TAKE THE PLUNGE! Not hard at all and SO fun. If you can handle climbing the stairs carrying the inner-tube, you can do this. The only hard part is at the top just the butterflies in your tummy before you go! The other slides you do not need the tube. They are just as fun.

Edited by medicalma'am

We had a quick bite to eat at the Garden Cafe. We left there and headed for Moderno for the International Wine Tasting. No I wasn't going to miss one! The Italian/German couple who live in Canada' date=' Teresa and Remeron (sp) joined us again. We had our usual plate to taste with.

DSCN0338.jpg

We stayed again and visited with our tablemates. They were not even half way through their two weeks on the Epic.

We went to the Magician show then, which was just OK. Back to the cabin where I read on the balcony and waited for my DH to show up. He had been on the pool deck reading. We had an early dinner at 6:30 in Taste. We were going to eat in Manhattan, but they had a 30 minute wait.

I did not remember to get out my camera until desert. The Flan

DSCN0339.jpg

And chocolate something

DSCN0340.jpg

We finished eating at 8:30 and it was getting quite loud in the restaurant. Service was wonderful again.

We wanted to go to the "What's My Line" show in Bliss Lounge but it was VERY crowded with NO WHERE to sit. The lobby is just about all we saw. Cool ceiling there with lights that change color. We thought about sitting there and just listening to the show but we could not hear when it started. My advice is to get there early to get seating.

DSCN0341.jpg

Now, when we were in the solo area Living Room the other night I remembered seeing a Cappuccino machine. I had also noticed a SIDE doorway every day that we walked our hall. This door said "limited access" or something like that on it. It did not say crew area only. It was always ajar. We went in there and sure enough......it was a side hallway to the main hallway of the solo area! We made our way to their Living Room and helped ourselves to the Cappuccino machine. AND they had several kinds of cookies! We took some back to our room!

I could just imagine that on a security radio somewhere in the ship was a security crew member alerting another that "there are intruders in the living room....there are intruders in the living room". We made it out of there safely!

DSCN0348.jpg

I went out on my balcony and had my Cappuccino and cookie, determined to toss it into the sea if we had security knock on our door! Funny that we had this little mouse hiding under our covers just like I was hiding my treats!

DSCN0349.jpg

Well, this was the end of our day seven and off to bed!

Next is Nassau

I wish I had known about the capp. machine!!!

Several waiters have told me they hate the escalators on the Epic and were very upset they put them in the BA and GA. Seems very hard to balance the trays of food/dishes and gets downright dangerous when the ship is rocking.

adjust charge....Why would you do that? If you have a problem get it fixed right away, don't penalize all employees. What do you do, Say .50 cents for the waiter at the cafe on tues., 50 cents because my towels weren't changed on friday. 50 cents because I didn't have silverware on my table at breakfast?

So' date=' the Epic felt like home by the time the cruise was over. I would love to book a Haven suite in the future.

I LOVED the extra day. It really seemed to make a difference. Halfway through the cruise it seemed that we still had most of the trip ahead of us.

The slides are fabulous! I wouldn't mind a TA on the Epic. Not many more of those though since she is going to Europe full time in the future.

Don't miss Bart Walker Band if he books next year!!! He was the best. Do check out what nights he is playing because it was not every night. Check him out on itunes. I have downloaded his album "Who I Am". Loved all the entertainment choices in general, just arrive early if there is something you really want to see!

The ship just seemed very crowded the first day. And those ceilings being low was something I got used to also. We had to wait for elevators for long times usually. This is not something we do, but I was having problems with that knee! I am in physical therapy now for it.

We did not eat in Moderno or Cagney's, but I wouldn't hesitate to do their new ultimate restaurant package and avoid Taste and Manhattan, which just seemed very loud to me. I like a quite dining venue. I like to linger and visit during a meal. Chef's Table is something I hope to repeat in the future also.

I will probably take my own wine on board in the future and pay the corkage fee. After doing the wine tastings, I am comfortable ordering from NCL's wine list though.

I feel like I need to do this itinerary again because I know what I would do on each stop now. DH says he needs a break from the Caribbean. Maybe I can talk another Ma'am into it some day. ;)

I AM PLATINUM NOW!!!! Woo Hoo! Too bad my next cruise is a year and a half away. :(

Well, this takes up so much of my time......Whatever will I do with myself now? I got Sandra Brown's newest book to reward myself at the end of this review. I guess I get to read now![/size']

We did not go to italian or french. We ate at Moderno, Cagney's, or teppanyaki almost every night and then the buffet a couple nights. I loved all 3, obviously. However the ultimate dining package may or may not be worth it to most people. It comes out to @ 24$ if you only eat dinner once a night:). They had previously told us that we could eat as many times as we wanted - which apparently does not mean that you can have steak and lobster at cagneys, but you can at teppanyaki). They also said that you didn't need reservations, and that they would push you through, but that really wasn't true either. By week 2 we had different answers than week 1. All in all it didn't matter - food was great, service was kind of slow, and sometimes we got bread at Moderno:) but that left more room for meat!

Sorry for posting replies with all the pics duplicated everyone. I didn't realize.

Your review was really good esp. with all of the pictures. I don't think that I could recall each day and I don't even drink.lol.

You helped remind me of all the good things about the ship versus all of my "suggestions" I had for my cruise consultant.

And yes, many times I considered stealing a chair but my DH wouldn't let me.

spa people...

Note that the chairs on the balcony of the spa room are usually taken all day every day!

They have hydro tubs / baths with a somewhat open view that is spectacular.

You can request a bath or have it with the couples massage.

I always recommend the seaweed massage with the bed even if Samantha is not there.

The Absolute Day facial with massage with Alexandra is absolutely worth every penny!!

The pedicure is terrible. Had a really bad experience in that area and 85.00 is too much for what she did...Well 1 foot kind of got massaged and most of the toes were painted without smudges:) but the rap music with the f word was really bad.

adjust charge....Why would you do that? If you have a problem get it fixed right away, don't penalize all employees. What do you do, Say .50 cents for the waiter at the cafe on tues., 50 cents because my towels weren't changed on friday. 50 cents because I didn't have silverware on my table at breakfast?

I don't know why someone would increase or decrease the charge. I imagine there could be 100's of reasons. Not my business. I don't pry. Your money, your choice.

Well its not for everyone! Its for those in the Studio Cabins....book yourself one there and you'll have access to it for the whole cruise! :D

I was going to say the same thing.

Its one reason if i'm travelling solo I book a studio rather than a balcony even if the balconies are cheaper... the coffee is soooo much nicer in the living room! :)

Thank you BritchickBN1, I love doing the same thing (reading reviews and living vicariously) between cruises and planning.

kristy_r, We knew we were being bad. :o I won't do it again. I may have to cruise in the solo cabin with Planma'am on her "get me to platinum" cruise! Then I will have access to that coffee!

I had it pointed out by Planma'am yesterday that the UDP would NOT be a bargain for me. DH and I each get one dinner for two in Le Bistro with a bottle of wine now that we are Platinum!

"Just read about this Baha Mar place on travel & leisures site. Apparently it is going to cost 1.5 Billion but will employ 8000 Bahamians and bring a lot more to their economy.

Love your review- I have been peeping NCL & RCCL reviews to see who we should sail with next. So far it seem NCL fits our interests. Love this itin as well."

agc291 - We were told that the Chinese were the ones investing the billions in Nassau. Do try NCL! Actually the Getaway took over this itinerary, all except St. Kitts, which was a one time thing. But do check out the Epic and where she is going now.

My next review will actually be a tour of the Caribbean Princess, which I am going to tour when I take my daughter and Son in law to their cruise out of Houston on March 8th. You will be able to catch it in my signature after I do it.

I will not be able to do another cruise this year. Our former German foreign exchange student (16 years ago) is getting married this summer and we are planning a trip to Europe for the wedding. This equals major cost and vacation time. We gotta travel around for a couple of weeks to make it worth the flight over there, now don't we!

Just looked at the forecast and it looks like there's a chance of another southern snow storm next weekend just in time to make us have a driving adventure. AHHH!! Fingers crossed the weather man is wrong!! All I could think of was this review when I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by firsttimeVA

We are flying. But as of now looks like there's a 60% chance of driving 15 hours from VA. Our flight is Sunday morning of which I know most people think is a bad idea but it might actually save us because the snow is sat and as of now should stop early evening. I will be watching the weather report like a hawk for the next week. Luckily if we have to we can start our drive on Friday made some calls last night and have a stay, park and cruise package booked and I can cancel Friday at the latest. So Plan B is ready. Just gotta stay positive even though I said I didn't want to drive any further than our last road trip I thought Charleston was too far. LOL! That's where we embarked on our first and only other cruise the Carnival Fantasy. We enjoyed it but everyone kept saying we didn't know any better. So we decided to go from the smallest ship to one of the largest.

Edited by firsttimeVA

firsttimeva-- hope they are wrong!! I am leaving Saturday afternoon. I haven't heard anything about next weekend. I did hear on Tuesday/Wednesday- more snow and very cold again all week!

I warned my DH a couple of weeks ago- if the forecast turns bad we WILL leave Friday for Miami and his work will have to deal with it! otherwise, I go without him! :D

As of now the snow is going to be a snow and ice mix Friday into Saturday clearing Saturday night and Sunday looks clear perfect for our flight to Miami.

Our first stop in Ocho Rios is also my DHs birthday and I've got a day pass at Golden Eye Resort. I haven't found any reviews in CC on the place but if it's good enough for Scarlett Johansson, Jay Z, Johnny Depp and other celebrities I'm sure we will love it. They have a reef restoration project going on and you can plant a piece of coral and they will email you updates on your piece.

Next stop is Costa Maya Mexico we haven't planned anything for that stop but if the weather is nice we might try snuba or we might just enjoy the ship being quiet.

Then it's on to Cozumel. Our first stop is going to be the Chocolates Kaokao factory. Then it's on to Mr Sanchos for the tequila seminar with Oliver. After that we will probably hang around the

Beach Club weather permitting.

We are really getting excited this time next week we will be all packed up and ready for our Epic Adventure!!