Trujillo Questions???

CaribbeanCuties

Could someone give us some advice or suggestions for this new port that replaced Roatan on Norwegian? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What's in red is what's important here. It's a new port so you may have to do your own searching as far as info. There was another cruise line that did use this port so you may want to check Ports of Call section on here.

I think the date they are going to start sailing to this port is not until Oct. so until then....sorry...

Edited by B6ConMe

I checked Trip Advisor,and there is not much there yet.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel_Guide-g292027-Trujillo_Colon_Department.html#ARTICLES

You might want to keep an eye on the US State Department comments on Honduras as your trip gets closer:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/honduras-travel-warning.html

When we talked with an excursion provider in Roatan, they said that they never went to mainland Honduras because of the crime. If they needed better services than they could get on Roatan island, they went to Belize instead. Hope things are more controlled in the new port.

Edited by bakerintn

I do mission work in Honduras so am pretty aware of crime areas, etc. Trujilo is in a low crime area, as it is a small area. Just like the US, the large cities, especially those with gang activity are going to have higher statistics than more rural areas. If you use common sense and don't go looking for trouble you will be okay.

Try googling Honduras Tips. It is a magazine published quarterly with good tourist information. I believe it is now available online.

Does anyone know which itineraries are switching out Roatan for Trujillo? I am considering the Sun out of Tampa over Thanksgiving 2014- but Roatan is favorite for my family and that would be a big deciding factor...

If you go to NCLs site and search Trujillo it shows 4 itineraries. Because it is new, I guess, there is just a blank spot where Roatan used to be. I remember that one is the Jewel from Houston, which would make sense as they are trying to generate interest in their new homeport. Unlike, NO, it only has 3 ports instead of 4.