Suitcases under the bed?

Kellie Poodle

ours is about that, never had a problem. If it is an issue, they will happily store your empty cases elsewhere for the duration of the cruise

One more thing you do not need to worry about!

ours is about that, never had a problem. If it is an issue, they will happily store your empty cases elsewhere for the duration of the cruise

One more thing you do not need to worry about!

UKTOG, you are a wealth of information and such a help for Azamara newbies.

Your assistance is far superior to the Azamara reps on the phone and I don't have to wait as long to get it. :D

I hope that whomever monitors this board for Azamara gives you a nice OBC on your next cruise as your help has been invaluable.

Thanks again.

I have a suitcase that is about 11" high. Will it fit under the bed on Quest?

Janet, you must be getting very forgetful in your excitement to board the Quest! You asked me that question in my trip report and I answered you that yes, the bags will fit under the bed. Just to be double sure for you, I just went upstairs to the attic with a measuring tape--one of our bags was about 12" deep and it slid under the bed with no trouble. Now the big trouble for you is to get it packed and zipped shut (that took quite an effort from me :D).

Janet, you must be getting very forgetful in your excitement to board the Quest! You asked me that question in my trip report and I answered you that yes, the bags will fit under the bed. Just to be double sure for you, I just went upstairs to the attic with a measuring tape--one of our bags was about 12" deep and it slid under the bed with no trouble. Now the big trouble for you is to get it packed and zipped shut (that took quite an effort from me :D).

So sorry. I have a bunch of stuff going on and I guess I was forgetful.

Still working on the packing.

So sorry. I have a bunch of stuff going on and I guess I was forgetful.

Still working on the packing.

My original intent for our eight nights on the Quest was to do carry-on for both of us. I thought that we not only had a free bag of laundry coming to us, but that there was also an on board laundry facility as backup. So did we both do carry-on? Nope. Only one of us. I admire people who can do it but I've only managed to accomplish it once in all my cruising adventures.

One thing I will tell you is that I actually could have taken a lot less clothing than I did. We ended up eating a lot of our dinners (most of them in fact) on the lovely outdoor aft dining area. If I had a sundress on during the day, I didn't always need to change out of it for dinner whereas I would have done so on Celebrity or Royal. I just added a piece of jewelry and a dab of lipstick and that was fine. :)

Edited by dln929

I was hoping to make it with one big suitcase and two carry-ons, but DH lives in shorts during the day and needs pants at night. Men's pants are heavy and bulky even though I use packing folders. I could probably get everything into one bag, but it would be overweight. I have to pack his shorts and tee shirts as well as collared shirts. He will be taking at least two pairs of shoes as well.

I think his stuff far outweighs mine.:D

Just boarded the Quest today. Because we live in SoCal and drove to the port we splurged and brought 2 large suitcases and a carry-on. With the carry-on inside the suitcase, all fit easily under the bed. By the way, I am once again convinced that there is nothing like Azamara. The head of Security remembered us from some nice chats last May (he really did!) and greeted us with "Welcome home."

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

If you cannot fit your cases under the bed, let your cabin steward store them. On our first cruise on the Journey, our Butler insisted that he store our bags. He even had somebody fix a broken wheel without our asking. That's what makes Azamara special. I use the laundry send out service. The self service laundry is good. It is often busy especially on sea days. Many people cruise using one small suitcase. I admire them. Each time I travel, I brimg less. Zipoff pants provide a lot of flexibilty. Love each piece of clothing that you bring. Plan on wearing it multiple times. Azamara does not have formal nights. Leaving that tupe of clothing home cuts the clothing load way down.

Just boarded the Quest today. Because we live in SoCal and drove to the port we splurged and brought 2 large suitcases and a carry-on. With the carry-on inside the suitcase, all fit easily under the bed. By the way, I am once again convinced that there is nothing like Azamara. The head of Security remembered us from some nice chats last May (he really did!) and greeted us with "Welcome home."

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The Security team on the Quest is wonderful! Most people, when they leave a ship say that they'll miss their waiter, miss their steward, miss their bartender...not me. The ones I felt saddest about leaving were the crew downstairs at the gangway. :(

Edited by dln929

The Security team on the Quest is wonderful! Most people, when they leave a ship say that they'll miss their waiter, miss their steward, miss their bartender...not me. The ones I felt saddest about leaving were the crew downstairs at the gangway. :(

And not to start inter ship rivalry I have to say so are the lovely guys and girls on Journey. Same happy faces, remember you when you re board on a new cruise etc. I also love the way that, whilst still doing their jobs, they have fun. On our white nights on one cruise, we looked up and on Deck 15, they were dancing away whilst watching over us.

On our last trip, one of their team took part in the dancing with stripes, he was a fantastic dancer and what a character

Thanks for reminding us about these great people who are often overlooked