Comparative size of S5 Haven suites on Breakaway

psac

Are all the S5 Haven suites on the 16th floor all the same size on the Breakaway?

The cabin/balcony size spreadsheet from the old Everything Breakaway thread has two different sizes for the S5, not counting the large HC unit. It looks like the 15th floor units might be the smaller ones. Is that the case and the 16th floor suites are all the same?

Any specific recommendations on "good" or "bad" cabins?

Thanks!!

I was under the impression (from the Breakway spreadsheet thread) that all the S5 suites (both deck 15 & 16) have the same cabin size, but that 16130 and 15126 have a slightly larger balcony.

We have booked a S5 on deck 15 on the Getaway this summer because I do not want to be directly under the main sun deck or Vibe, however I will of course consider a change if the deck 15 suites are smaller.

Interesting thought, we were so focused on the cabin type and size, we didn't look at the floor above as we usually do. I don't think the sundeck will be a problem, but we would definitely want to avoid being under Vibe. Thanks for pointing that out!!

You should always look at what is around you and above or below you when you book your cabin

Friends were in a 2 bedroom suite right below the weight room and you heard the pounding of the weights on the floor above

Not a biggie but it was definitely heard

Cheers!

We were booked in a S5 and quite honestly were not impressed with the layout and the total size. We changed our cabin to an S7 on deck 12. Granted we are not in the Haven area but we do have full access to all the Haven perks and a little more walking won't hurt us. :)The S7 has a separate living and bed room area which is much more to our liking..

---End Quote---

Thanks. We looked at those, it's a good suggestion. Was the forward window in the bedroom useful? Seems like a bit of an oddity. Was the balcony a nice size? Thanks!

After the CC maintenance some of the posts have disappeared. I 'll reconstruct my reply.

We have won't be sailing in the S7 until March. From what I have been able learn the S7 cabin is definitely larger than the S5 by 100sq feet, but the balcony located on the side, is slightly smaller. The bedroom window faces the bow and other passengers claim to have really enjoyed it. We opted for the larger cabin, the balcony should accommodate the two of us..

Here are some pictures of the S7.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=294&pid=9848#top_display_media

After the CC maintenance some of the posts have disappeared. I 'll reconstruct my reply.

We have won't be sailing in the S7 until March. From what I have been able learn the S7 cabin is definitely larger than the S5 by 100sq feet, but the balcony located on the side, is slightly smaller. The bedroom window faces the bow and other passengers claim to have really enjoyed it. We opted for the larger cabin, the balcony should accommodate the two of us..

Here are some pictures of the S7.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=294&pid=9848#top_display_media

Thanks for the link and for posting twice! We decided to stick with the S5, but we're going in mid-June and a lot of the Haven rooms are still very empty, so if they do a price drop, maybe we'll try for the upgrade to the S7 (or the big S6 if we're really lucky.)

Thanks for the link and for posting twice! We decided to stick with the S5, but we're going in mid-June and a lot of the Haven rooms are still very empty, so if they do a price drop, maybe we'll try for the upgrade to the S7 (or the big S6 if we're really lucky.)

We are in the same boat. S7 is currently priced 650 $ pp higher than S5, so even if it is that much nicer, we cannot it afford it. But we are watching those prices, too.

I was in an S5 on the Breakaway. It the size of a cabin and 1/2 in width. Bed and couch small table. The S5 on the Gem, and the Jewel are a lot nicer. Like a double room. Being across from the Haven floor,16. Was really nice. Having the restaurant and bar right there

I was in an S5 on the Breakaway. It the size of a cabin and 1/2 in width. Bed and couch small table. The S5 on the Gem, and the Jewel are a lot nicer. Like a double room. Being across from the Haven floor,16. Was really nice. Having the restaurant and bar right there

Thanks for the info! We're hoping the location makes up for the size as you said. :)

I stayed in the Aft Suite (S6) on Breakaway, if you can swing it, it is so worth it. The Balcony is HUGE and it has a separate Bedroom and 2 Bathrooms.

I had a sail-away party with about 30 people on the balcony.

My Friends were in the forward suite (S7). I liked the lay out of the S6 better but this one is nice as well. Only has 1 Bathroom and a tiny balcony.

I stayed in the Aft Suite (S6) on Breakaway, if you can swing it, it is so worth it. The Balcony is HUGE and it has a separate Bedroom and 2 Bathrooms.

I had a sail-away party with about 30 people on the balcony.

My Friends were in the forward suite (S7). I liked the lay out of the S6 better but this one is nice as well. Only has 1 Bathroom and a tiny balcony.

Thanks. It's another $1200 on our sailing for the S6, so we figure that would cover a lot of specialty restaurants and alcohol. :)

• 4 weeks later...