Allure -- Blue Lagoon Island Deluxe Beach Break - NS97

clonegirl

I'm thinking about booking the Blue Lagoon beach break excursion for my family (myself, husband, kids 9, 8, 5, 9 months). However, the Allure is only in port from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm and the excursion leaves at 8:00 and states that it's approx 4 hours long.

Has anyone taken this excursion from the Allure? Is 4 hours long enough to enjoy it? Does that end up being around 2 hours of beach time? I'm not too excited about having all 4 kids ready for a 8:00 am excursion but at least it's our first port. I don't think that we'll waste time eating the lunch. We can get food once we're back on the ship.

I've really been struggling with what to do in Nassau since our stop is so short. I thought about just staying on the ship but this is our first port day. It's been a little over 2 years since our last cruise so we're really excited and itching to get back to the ocean and beach! Plus it's our little guys first trip to the beach so we want to have a nice time and make some great memories (for us and the older kids, I know he won't remember it :) ) I've also thought about going to Junkanoo beach but have read mixed reviews about it.

Blue Lagoon sounds wonderful. I'm just hesitant due to the short amount of time.

Anyway, any feedback or experiences you can share would be much appreciated!

Edited by clonegirl

Went off Oasis in September. It's about a 30 minute ferry ride each way so you really only have three hours there. I loved it there. It's beautiful with soft sand and clear water. There is a protected lagoon side and a rough ocean side. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Make sure you pick up your included choice of float. Take the kids on the walkway to the right of the pier before you leave. They can see the dolphins and sea lions. Since other groups from other ships are arriving throughout the day it is up to you to get on the right ferry back. The lunch although basic, choice of hot dog, hamburger or chicken sandwich and really good steak fries, fruit and salad. You could always grab a hot dog and bring back to your lounge chair.

We were just there in Jan at blue lagoon and loved it. But the water was ice cold. That didn't stop ppl from getting in though! Waters is nice and blue and calm and so much to do for the kids. The water park they have there with the inflatables kids would love!

Also being able to see the dolphins and sea lions is a plus. There are hammocks in the shade and the free lunch is actually really good! Grab some and take back with ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did it in November 2012 - it was superb and I would thoroughly recommend it. Plenty of time of sunbathing, lunch and a bit of shopping in the small shop. There are ferries going back at different times (well there was for us as there were 4 ships in port that day) but by the dock it tells you the last boat trip back that you can take for your particular ships departure.

The ferry trip out and back was lovely and the crew really friendly and informative.

Have a lovely time whatever you chose to do :)

• 1 year later...
I'm thinking about booking the Blue Lagoon beach break excursion for my family (myself, husband, kids 9, 8, 5, 9 months). However, the Allure is only in port from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm and the excursion leaves at 8:00 and states that it's approx 4 hours long.

Has anyone taken this excursion from the Allure? Is 4 hours long enough to enjoy it? Does that end up being around 2 hours of beach time? I'm not too excited about having all 4 kids ready for a 8:00 am excursion but at least it's our first port. I don't think that we'll waste time eating the lunch. We can get food once we're back on the ship.

I've really been struggling with what to do in Nassau since our stop is so short. I thought about just staying on the ship but this is our first port day. It's been a little over 2 years since our last cruise so we're really excited and itching to get back to the ocean and beach! Plus it's our little guys first trip to the beach so we want to have a nice time and make some great memories (for us and the older kids, I know he won't remember it :) ) I've also thought about going to Junkanoo beach but have read mixed reviews about it.

Blue Lagoon sounds wonderful. I'm just hesitant due to the short amount of time.

Anyway, any feedback or experiences you can share would be much appreciated!

This is an old post of yours, but just wondering if you ended up going to Blue Lagoon? We have the same excursion on our Allure cruise and also have the same concerns (but I have booked it for now as it does look lovely).