San gervaso/playa mia beach

cruisenuts4life

Is this doable if I were to do this on my own?I want to do both but on Oasis they don't offer it.They offer just the beach,I was thinking of booking the beach but going to ruins by cab and then going to beach and coming back with RC excursion. I just worry about not getting back on time.Any other suggestions?

It is doable -- the ruins are reportedly not much so I doubt you'd spend a lot of time there. Getting a cab back to the ship from any beach club is easy -- if a cab is not waiting let the waiters know and they will call one for you.

Yes you can do both. You're in port from 8AM to 7PM. Beaches close around 5PM. However, you need to check with RCCL regarding being able to tag along with the excursion for the beach break and return. And it may be a tad expensive. RT fare to San Gervasio is ~$55 per taxi, up to 4 people. 1 way fare from TMM International Pier to Playa Mia is ~$17.

Will the taxi driver take you directly from SG to PM at areduced rate? Don't know you'll have to ask. Also ask about waiting time at SG. At one time that was ~$20+ per half hour. Unless you're on the RCCL excursion list and paid those $. You can buy an access package at PM for ~ $35pp, and $45 pp with buffet. So assuming $$$$ are no object, then go for it. As long as you're at PM by noon, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the beach and amenities. Taxis are plentiful so if you can't get on the RCCL bus, you can still get back quickly.