Can't upgrade drink pkg???

gdpups

I booked my cruise in November through the big online TA that starts with a "C" and received the classic drink pkg as a perk. I just called the Celebrity Enhancement Dept to upgrade it to the premium pkg because another thread says the upgrade will increase after Feb. 18th.

Celebrity said the drink pkg is not showing up on my booking. They left me on hold awhile and checked with group sales, as this is a group booking. They then came back on and told me I had to contact the travel agency to have it added.

I called the travel agent and was told Celebrity is no longer adding the drink pkg until weeks before sailing, and is going by sail date. I have booked two cruises with this agency before and never had this happen. The TA said the prices will not increase for those who had the drink pkg through the promotion and upgrade.

Just checking to see what others are experiencing and if this is true.

I can confirm that the package that came with my cruise (booked through a large online TA) as per 123 was not added to my Celebrity reservation until quite some time after booking - even sometime after final payment. As for the TA being correct about no price increase... I don't think anyone will truly know this until we see reports from cruisers actually making the upgrade after 2/18.

If you have the 1 2 3 package - drinks and gratuity are you saying that if you pay the difference in package price you can upgrade to the ultimate package ?

Would be great if this is the case:confused:

This is indeed the case. The board is absolutely choked with threads/posts about how to go about it. :confused:

If you have the 1 2 3 package - drinks and gratuity are you saying that if you pay the difference in package price you can upgrade to the ultimate package ?

Would be great if this is the case:confused:

Yes. You pay the price difference to upgrade from Classic to Premium package. You can do this on board or in advance.

Called Celebrity Captains Club for help with this issue. They are wonderful and spent a good deal of time talking to different departments and working on this issue for me. Bottom line they said is if you were given the Classic Pkg as a promo the cost to upgrade is going to remain $10 (plus tax) after the price increase since both pkgs are going up and the difference between the two will remains $10.

She also said promotions are different as well as how they are handled, so in my case the drink pkg will not be added to my account until after final payment as it was a group sale promotion. Because of this, if you have questions about your own promotion it might be best to check with your TA or Celebrity because the answer you get on cruisecritic may not always be correct.

Its tough to get help from Celebrity when you are booked through a travel agent. I would call the travel agency back and ask to speak to a supervisor. I had this happen, and I had to make 3 calls before they could provide me with documentation on my reservation that I had the drink package. Once you get to the ship and it doesnt show it an uphill battle.

Norma

Yes, this is correct. You will be able to upgrade onboard at the cost of $11.50. ($10.00 + $1.50 for 15% tip).

Hope this clears up any confusion!

I am confused! When I called Celebrity today, I was told that the price to upgrade after February 18th would be $15.00 (plus gratuity) per day and it would be the same whether you upgraded before your cruise or on board. I was told if you upgrade before February 18th, it would be $10.00 (plus gratuity) per day.

I booked my cruise in November through the big online TA that starts with a "C" and received the classic drink pkg as a perk. I just called the Celebrity Enhancement Dept to upgrade it to the premium pkg because another thread says the upgrade will increase after Feb. 18th.

Celebrity said the drink pkg is not showing up on my booking. They left me on hold awhile and checked with group sales, as this is a group booking. They then came back on and told me I had to contact the travel agency to have it added.

I called the travel agent and was told Celebrity is no longer adding the drink pkg until weeks before sailing, and is going by sail date. I have booked two cruises with this agency before and never had this happen. The TA said the prices will not increase for those who had the drink pkg through the promotion and upgrade.

I had the same issue - travel agent did not add the Classic Package as my choice for the 123 promo. I called Celebrity directly, they added the package, and they also did the upgrade to Premium Package for $11.50 delta/per day.

I am confused! When I called Celebrity today, I was told that the price to upgrade after February 18th would be $15.00 (plus gratuity) per day and it would be the same whether you upgraded before your cruise or on board. I was told if you upgrade before February 18th, it would be $10.00 (plus gratuity) per day.

Just double checked. Not sure where the $15 is coming from. The price is $11.50 ($10 plus gratuity). Hope this clears any confusion, and we'll pass this on internally to make sure our agents are relaying the correct information.

The original booking confirmation from my travel agent shows the promo classic drink package. Today I called Celebrity and had no problem upgrading. The representative I spoke with got into my reservation and processed the upgrade. She charged it to my credit card and it appeared almost immediately online with my reservation. She also sent an email confirmation. My cruise is in June, and I was unaware of the upcoming deadline before a price increase. Whew! So sorry the OP is having such difficulty.

Just double checked. Not sure where the $15 is coming from. The price is $11.50 ($10 plus gratuity). Hope this clears any confusion, and we'll pass this on internally to make sure our agents are relaying the correct information.

I received the information about the $15.00/day, today, from Captain's Club and from the Food and Beverage department. :confused::confused::confused:

I received the information about the $15.00/day, today, from Captain's Club and from the Food and Beverage department. :confused::confused::confused:

I would look two post up from yours and take that as "official" correct amount. May be give them time to disseminate the correct info.

I would look two post up from yours and take that as "official" correct amount. May be give them time to disseminate the correct info.

I think we will have to wait for February 18th to know for sure whether it will be $10.00 or $15.00 per day to upgrade to the Premium package. There are discrepancies between the information being given on the phone by Celebrity representatives and those monitoring Cruise Critic and Facebook.

I think we will have to wait for February 18th to know for sure whether it will be $10.00 or $15.00 per day to upgrade to the Premium package. There are discrepancies between the information being given on the phone by Celebrity representatives and those monitoring Cruise Critic and Facebook.

I think the person posting on here as Celebrity is likely correct, it just makes more sense, but I agree there is an issue. I called into Cruise Enhancement department today at noon (MT) and was clearly advised that if I waited until Feb 18 to pay for the upgrade from classic to premium I would pay $15 plus 15% per day per person. The gentleman on the phone was very clear on that and very sure. Based on that I upgraded cruises I had planned to wait to upgrade, and then came back on here and see that Celebrity is saying it will stay $10. (now I'm bitter I may not have had too!!)

Staying $10 makes more sense as how will they ever be able to track who bought at what time and the price difference in the new increased price is $10. Also, I'm pretty sure the 123 Go deal specifically says in the terms and conditions that the upgrade will be $10 plus 15% (although I haven't read closely to see if they have the right to change that). Also, what if someone books with 123 Go on Feb 17 and then someone else on Feb 19 when the prices increase, does the second person somehow get to just pay $10?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the "Celebrity" posts on here are correct and it will still be $10 after Feb 18, I just wish their cruise enhancement people knew that!!

Hi

I think the confusion may be that if you

Book the package on board it is an extra

$5 per day than if you had booked pre cruise.

So for example the premium package is $54

Per day prior to sailing but if you pay on board it is $59 per day.

Hey Claudia!

Just off the phone with a super at CC, the nut an bolts as I got it.

There was a price increase the first of the year that has caused confusion because X kept the old cost if we pre-booked, vs the increase if we waited. On Feb 18 the cost if we pre-book will be raised to the same as on ship. The difference between Classic & Premium will still be $10, plus the 15% grat and that is what will be charged to upgrade.

NOW IF we BOUGHT the Classic at "current rates" it will be $15+ to upgrade to the Premium after the 18th.

I am the original poster and just want to clarify that the Captains Club rep I spoke to this afternoon took quite a bit of time and spoke to many people to sort this out. I mentioned to her I had posted this on cruisecritic and that's why they came on here to clarify. They are now going to make sure all departments at Celebrity know the correct answer regarding the upgrade. As the last poster said, the $15 increase would be for those that purchased the package at the lower cost then upgraded after the increase, not the people that received it as a perk and later upgraded as the difference remains at $10 between the two packages.

I even received an email from my TA later today confirming the upgrade would only be $10 (plus tax). I now have that in writing from them as well as the posts from Celebrity.

I booked the package like you have done.

I called the enhancements and was told that I could only up grade once the package was showing on my on line reservation.

I e mailed customer services from the web site and they responded by saying

that my reservation should be amended in a few days.

I called back and it had been added to my reservation so I simply up graded using my credit card.

Hope this helps