Obstructed view balcony cabin

cynthiacruz

Im in obstructed balcony cabin on the miracle im sailing in a few weeks and I read it has a lifeboat right outside does it block my view from everything? please advise.

I had cabin 5232 on the Spirit, and the lifeboat sat flush with the deck. There was no blockage when sitting out on the balcony looking straight out, but you can't see the water when looking straight down. I also liked the overhang, since it blocked rain. For the price, and my location, I thought it was a great deal.

Do you know what cabin you have? If it is behind the first 3 tender/lifeboats, those sit up higher and you're view will be partially blocked when sitting on balcony.

I don't normally get balconies, but since this was the repo cruise for the Spirit to Australia, I sprung for it. Personally, the balcony door slamming on each side bothered me more than any obstruction.

Im in obstructed balcony cabin on the miracle im sailing in a few weeks and I read it has a lifeboat right outside does it block my view from everything? please advise.

If you are in a cabin by the first 3 lifeboats you won't see much of anything and if you have one of the other cabins, you should look at ship photos and deck plans and see where the breaks are between lifeboats. I was in cabin 5184 which had a view of the water below and the lifeboat was even with the floor of the balcony, not really blocking much of anything. I avoided getting a cabin with the top part of the lifeboat that sticks up almost even with the top of the railing and blocks nearly everything.

I just got off the Miracle room 5189 and I couldn't see down. But out was just fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

1392187737304.jpg.4435a20605c16dbdb5ef6770d2e05a95.jpg

1392187767162.jpg.b93098dfcb431d50b652a35838e8e82c.jpg

based on the photos it didn't look bad at all. people are just over reacting.. thank you so much and do you have any funtimes?

Hopefully you won't be disappointed, all of them are not like the pictures that were posted. Some of the lifeboats are higher and do obstruct the view. Look at this photo from a quick Google search, you can see the different between the balcony to the left and where the person is standing.

7aoutside.jpg

Here is another one from a Carnival ship.

100_3020.jpg

Edited by Mysticks1

Hopefully you won't be disappointed, all of them are not like the pictures that were posted. Some of the lifeboats are higher and do obstruct the view. Look at this photo from a quick Google search, you can see the different between the balcony to the left and where the person is standing.

7aoutside.jpg

Here is another one from a Carnival ship.

100_3020.jpg

This is so true. We had one ... once. Wouldn't book one again.

The view was okay if you were standing (other than looking down), but when we sat we felt like the boat was too in our face. It didn't allow us to see the water, just the horizon.

You may also find the crew messing with the boats from time to time. So much for privacy.

Another thing I remember hearing about were the people on the balconies above decks 4 and 5 complaining that they also had an obstructed view since when they looked down, all they saw were lifeboats and not water. Just not that bright orange glow right there in front of you.