1 point from Diamond..will we get

minnie00

• 11 months later...

I am going on a B2B in February. I am one point short of diamond. I know I will not get my diamond status on the first leg, and may not get it on the second leg. I personally feel I should be diamond already. The reason why I feel I should be diamond already is when they changed to the new point systems I was only awarded 1 point for a 10 day cruise. That 1 point only converts over to 8 days in the new point system so I really have 81 days on board not 79 like they have me at. I questioned it but they said that is the way the points converted. Oh, well. Not that upset about it. My husband and I do not drink I really only wanted the priority tender at Belize on this cruise and the balcony discount on our Anthem cruise we booked for April.

I am going on a B2B in February. I am one point short of diamond. I know I will not get my diamond status on the first leg, and may not get it on the second leg. I personally feel I should be diamond already. The reason why I feel I should be diamond already is when they changed to the new point systems I was only awarded 1 point for a 10 day cruise. That 1 point only converts over to 8 days in the new point system so I really have 81 days on board not 79 like they have me at. I questioned it but they said that is the way the points converted. Oh, well. Not that upset about it. My husband and I do not drink I really only wanted the priority tender at Belize on this cruise and the balcony discount on our Anthem cruise we booked for April.

We got short changed a few points too in the conversion, but it is what it is.

We are going from Diamond to Diamond+ on the first week of our B2B this March. Our plan is to visit the loyalty ambassador during the first week to see about preparing the change of C&A level for the second week. Since the points don't show up the second you steep off the ship from the first week, the second week they will still think you are at your old level. Hopefully they have time to spare during the first week, if not I will be visiting with them the first day of week two.

I have read of other CCers getting this change done in such a manner. So I am thinkng it shouldn't be a problem.

As Andrew suggested visit the LA onboard the first day of your second cruise, he should put a sticker on your card that says diamond and also change your on board coupons on your Seapass account and allow you access to the diamond lounge.

As far as getting the increased balcony discount please be aware that as of the spring of last year if you request a higher discount they will reprice the cruise at the current rates. In most cases and especially since you booked almost a year ago prices have gone up and you would be charged more to get a larger discount. Make sure that you compare prices before asking for this to be done.

As Andrew suggested visit the LA onboard the first day of your second cruise, he should put a sticker on your card that says diamond and also change your on board coupons on your Seapass account and allow you access to the diamond lounge.

As far as getting the increased balcony discount please be aware that as of the spring of last year if you request a higher discount they will reprice the cruise at the current rates. In most cases and especially since you booked almost a year ago prices have gone up and you would be charged more to get a larger discount. Make sure that you compare prices before asking for this to be done.

For our situation I will be happy to recieve the BOGO meal, as well as the better internet pricing and the laundry savings. Since we are on a B2B we can wait for week to for laundry. ;)

I am hald tempted to see if the extra clothing that I always bring for one week will last all of the second week. If so, then I pack way to much. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

We got short changed a few points too in the conversion, but it is what it is.

I have read of other CCers getting this change done in such a manner. So I am thinkng it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes You will Get sticker(s) and Your Level Pin(s). On my Last Cruises B2B with Parents we went From Platinum to Emerald; We Also Got Our SeaPass Cards reprinted the NEXT Day at Guest Services