Disney Cardholder Perks

jwalk03

I know there are special perks for Disney credit & debit card holders at the parks, and in Disney stores, and hotels, etc. Are there any added perks on board a Disney cruise for credit/debit cardholders?

6 months interest free if you book with your card. In the past (not sure if still available) there has been a $50 onboard credit if the appropriate code is applied to your booking. However, this cannot be combined with any other offer (like an on board re-booking, special rate, etc). Translation--does us no good as we always have either an on board rebooking or a special deal.

If you choose to pre-pay your tips or add money to your onboard account in advance, it also qualifies for the interest fee perk.

Edited by moki'smommy

I think the biggest perk is applying the rewards. We got $250 this year in gift cards for opening the accounts and all in all, our cruise was at least 50% covered by rewards and incentives. That means we are cruising for $300 pp INCLUDING tips and tax! That's a pretty good deal, I think. Additionally, we still have time to apply rewards to our park tickets, and if we buy all of it ahead of time, all of it (the cruise and the tickets) can go on six months no interest financing. When I get to EPCOT, I'm looking forward to our photo session. Other than that, the other perks haven't really helped (we weren't in a position to go to Aulani or see Aladdin on broadway yet, and we chose to stay off site because we got some great hotel deals) but I still LOVE LOVE LOVE my cards because they REALLY have paid off this year!

• 2 weeks later...

I am dreaming of going on another Disney cruise (last one was back in 06) I got my Disney Visa and plan on using it as much as possible to build up reward points. Any amount I get built up would help.

I have been on a few other cruises since then, but none of them compare to Disney and I want to experience that again.

They no longer do the OBC, so I would say just using your reward $$ on board.[/quote

Can I still take my reward points and put them on account when I get on ship? To use for excursions etc.

Absolutely - some people even pay off the cruise with reward points.

They no longer do the OBC, so I would say just using your reward $$ on board.

According to the current Chase terms and conditions and on their website, it still says they apply $50 OBC if you book directly and pay in full for your cruise.

I know there was something in general terms last year about TA's etc., not being able to offer OBC anymore but I still see them on a few sites, is this what you are referring too with the no more OBC comment?

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Right now there is no Disney Visa on-board credit for 2015 Disney cruises. I just booked one for January 2015 and it was not available. See below from the Disney Visa website. I hope they expand the dates.

“Must use your valid Disney Visa Card to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation for sailings through 12/30/2014 to receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with your Disney Visa Card. Offer is valid for up to two staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts and is for personal use only. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas. Chase is not responsible or liable for fulfillment of this offer.”

Edited by luvforsun
typo