Independence show reservations and show tours

Kendy1961

Mostly we have been on either the radiance class or oasis class RCI ships.

With the oasis class, it is necessary to reserve your show times due to the size of the passenger count, on radiance you don't reserve.. What about the independence/freedom class of ships.

Do u need to or is there even an option to reserve show times ? Mu OCD partner feels "incomplete" without these "reservations". Oy vey!

Also as this will be our first cruise as diamond members , how do we reserve a place for the backstage entertainment tours?

Thank you

Mostly we have been on either the radiance class or oasis class RCI ships.

With the oasis class, it is necessary to reserve your show times due to the size of the passenger count, on radiance you don't reserve.. What about the independence/freedom class of ships.

Do u need to or is there even an option to reserve show times ? Mu OCD partner feels "incomplete" without these "reservations". Oy vey!

Also as this will be our first cruise as diamond members , how do we reserve a place for the backstage entertainment tours?

Thank you

Indy only has advance reservations for the ice show.

Indy only has advance reservations for the ice show.

They don't have reservations per se. Tickets are distributed onboard, usually the morning of the second day on the Royal Promenade. There is a long line, but it moves very very quickly. Nothing can be reserved before the cruise.

They don't have reservations per se. Tickets are distributed onboard, usually the morning of the second day on the Royal Promenade. There is a long line, but it moves very very quickly. Nothing can be reserved before the cruise.

You are correct, thanks for the catch. My mind is still in the Southern Caribbean.

I believe only Freedom and Liberty have advance reservations for the ice show.

As Diamond C&A members you should not need to queue for ice shows tickets, there will be tickets for each performance available in the DL. We received our invite to the backstage entertainment tour in our cabin on Indy last August.

We were on Freedom in September, Indy in December and Liberty last week. You can pre book ice show for Freedom and Liberty and its very easy and convenient to get your desired time slot. However, not so on Indy...what a mess!!! We are Diamond so we went to Diamond Lounge on the second morning at the announced time to get tickets and there was already a long line of Diamonds. The performance time we wanted was gone when I got to the front of the line and I had to go down to the promenade only to find a "line" which was really more like a mob. Needless to say, by the time I got tickets I had to settle for a less desirable performance time. But the show was definitely worth the hassle. DO be sure to go to the show. Of the 3 ice shows I think Indy's is by far the best, but they are all not to be missed!!