To Ruth C//cabin 611 Ryndam

snorkler

Hi Ruth......Last year I sought out your good advice on Cabin K395, on the Ryndam. It was a great cabin and I wish we could have gotten it this year, but no luck! Anyway, this year I just booked K611, and I was wondering if there is a stair case right behind K617? The agent I went thru thought it was, and said usually they don't show staircases that are for the crew only. I hope she is right! Do you know anything about that? Last year you said you are a cave dweller, and I got a good laugh when I read that! Thanks for any help you can give me. Elaine:)

Good day, Elaine! Thanks for your vote of confidence! Glad I could be of help last time, and hope I can give a repeat performance.

I don't know this cabin, and haven't spent any time in this area of the ship, but I did check the deckplans. This cabin looks fine to me. It's very near the aft elevators/staircase, and sandwiched nicely between two passenger decks. I don't see anything there except cabins for some distance, and when I picture other decks in the same location, I can't picture any places for a staircase, either.

If you look at the deckplans, there is a white space near cabins 576 & 577. I believe that's the area where there's a service elevator that goes all the way to the Lido galley. Do you recall where the stewards bring the dirty dishes, near the exit to the indoor pool? There's an elevator in there.

But that's not near your chosen cabin.

Have a great time!