Kettles in Cabins

I have trawled through loads of pages but have decided just to ask on here!! Can anyone tell me if the interior cabins on the Independance of the Seas have

a) a kettle

and

b) a fridge?

This will be our first cruise with RCI - looking forward to it

All staterooms on Indy have a cooler.

When Indy sails from the UK, they put kettles in all staterooms. When Indy sails from Florida, then only JS staterooms and above have kettles.

I have trawled through loads of pages but have decided just to ask on here!! Can anyone tell me if the interior cabins on the Independance of the Seas have

a) a kettle

This will be our first cruise with RCI - looking forward to it

Only for cruises starting in the UK and Australia if applicable will a kettle be in all rooms.

At the risk of sounding dumb, we are taking a Baltic cruise out of the UK in May. Just exactly what is a "kettle"? Coffee or just tea--a means of heating water? I am guessing it is electric? A photo would be fantastic!!

It's an electric container for heating water, usually to make tea. Royal also usually puts coffee makers in JS and better staterooms.

Edited by clarea

At the risk of sounding dumb, we are taking a Baltic cruise out of the UK in May. Just exactly what is a "kettle"? Coffee or just tea--a means of heating water? I am guessing it is electric? A photo would be fantastic!!

To be specific, it's used to boil water rather than just heat it as we Brit's feel you can't make/brew proper tea unless the water is boiling.

Only for cruises starting in the UK and Australia if applicable will a kettle be in all rooms.

Not cruises from Australia any more. This came up at a recent captain's info session. With all the electronic items we are bringing on, the load on the ship is increasing, and they have taken kettles from rooms below Junior Suite, and that may be reviewed too. You can easily order a tea from room service in the morning and you get a good sized pot and the water was pretty hot in our opinion. We took our own coffee that we like, and the hot water, sugar and milk came just fine. We liked getting a wake up call too (as part of room service-so you are dressed when they come), as otherwise you loose track of time on holidays!

Not cruises from Australia any more. This came up at a recent captain's info session. With all the electronic items we are bringing on, the load on the ship is increasing, and they have taken kettles from rooms below Junior Suite, and that may be reviewed too. You can easily order a tea from room service in the morning and you get a good sized pot and the water was pretty hot in our opinion. We took our own coffee that we like, and the hot water, sugar and milk came just fine. We liked getting a wake up call too (as part of room service-so you are dressed when they come), as otherwise you loose track of time on holidays!

When and where did you hear this info?

We still had a kettle in December on Voyager.

When and where did you hear this info?

We still had a kettle in December on Voyager.

It was on Radiance in January. We had a E1 cabin with no kettle first leg of a B2B, then a JS on the second leg with a kettle and coffee machine, and the question was asked at the afternoon Q&A session with the captain. I presumed it was for all Australian cruisers so I will change that statement to it is not available on Radiance for cabins below JS.