Happy hour question

louthebowler

I especially enjoyed "Happy Hour" at the Crow's Nest on our recent NA cruise. My drink of choice at this time of day was a double Jamison on the rocks. Great for sipping and relaxing. The extra shot cost $1 more. Service was always very prompt and as usual on this ship, offered with a cheerful, professional demeanor.

The Crow's Nest is huge with plenty of comfortable seating, nice lighting, lots of small tables and plenty of gorgeous views of the ocean or port. They will serve you peanuts and I always received a hot appetizer - two empanada type things.

HAL had some great drink deals for their pool parties on our Seattle to Sydney cruise last fall. $15 for unlimited refills of mojitos one night, margaritas another etc.... This was for about 3-4 hours of drinks. We enjoyed.

They were also clearing out Alaskan beers that trip and so they were crazy cheap $1 a beer or something. Since we were a day late leaving Seattle due to a storm they also hosted an extra pool party with free drinks all night!

3/4 oz*Vodka

3/4 oz*Tequila

3/4 oz*Brandy

3/4 oz*Bourbon

3/4 oz*Scotch Whiskey

3/4 oz*Rum

cubes (Fill to Top)*Ice

(Fill With)*Orange Juice

(Fill With)*Pineapple Juice

dash*Grenadine

It's on par with a Long Island Iced Tea. I think the ship's bartenders might cut back to half ounces, but even so, it's relatively potent and deceptively non-strong to the taste.

Oh, I've got to try one of those, although I think I might be swaying afterwards- but I can always blame the ship!