Buffet vs a la Carte (Nachi vs Isla Pasion)

NewCruiserMPC

We had booked Passion Island for Cozumel but just realized that it has a buffet vs Nachi Cocom which allows you to order a la carte.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is in regards to the food quality?

This might help us decide if we made the right choice or perhaps give us the opportunity to change.

Quality of Food and Snorkeling are two priorities we have established when deciding on where to go.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Never been to Passion Island -- food/drinks/service are great at Nachi but the snorkeling there is poor (it will be just as bad at any beach club with a nice sandy beach).

If you want great snorkeling from the shore plus good food/drinks/service, but no beach, then try the Money Bar.

passion island is wonderful and I had the best time there, but I would not go for the food. Spaghetti on a buffet in mexico? No thanks. The food is/was subpar at best, the drinks do the trick, but the bar is very basic. Snorkeling is not that great near the beach at Passion island, don't know if you move out of the swimming area if it gets better, its very sandy, great for swimming, but not the reef like other places. Never been to Nachi (but I will be soon) so can't comment on that.

Edited by jgr8fulbear

I'm so sorry to hear that. OUr first trip to Cozumel in '08 we went there and it was truly amazing. The food excellent. Fish and all the fixings for tacos and included drinks as well. It wasn't noted for snorkeling that I ever knew of but did have chairs and a floating raft that was HUGE!! Also the tour guide was fantastic.

We didn't know we were supposed to bring our towels and because we fell asleep on that floatation and he had memorized all our names he was calling for us to head back we were salt sticky and if it weren't for wearing a dress I probably would have had to go back in my swimsuit (no time for a shower) Yes they had showers. We've scheduled another cruise which will be the fourth time we've been to Cozumel. Each and everytime we go I say it's the last but I now have two more things planned for two other times. Just stuck on Cozumel.