Solo on Disney- dinning

wonderdox

Greetings!

I have sailed solo on both Carnival and RCL and now considering Disney. I am a huge Disney fan so if I can get over the sticker shock I am considering a cruise this summer on the Fantasy.

I was spoiled by Oasis this past summer when it came to eating in the MDR. Instead of being placed at a table with others I was placed at my own table for two. It was really nice because my waiter knew I liked to order quickly and did not wish to linger.

Does Disney have tables for two? Or does Disney normally pair solo travelers together at a larger table?

Many thanks! :cool:

Greetings!

I have sailed solo on both Carnival and RCL and now considering Disney. I am a huge Disney fan so if I can get over the sticker shock I am considering a cruise this summer on the Fantasy.

I was spoiled by Oasis this past summer when it came to eating in the MDR. Instead of being placed at a table with others I was placed at my own table for two. It was really nice because my waiter knew I liked to order quickly and did not wish to linger.

Does Disney have tables for two? Or does Disney normally pair solo travelers together at a larger table?

Many thanks! :cool:

I believe the Fantasy does have a few 2 tops. Most couples that wish to dine alone might be assigned to those or a 4 top by themselves. If you want to dine alone, you can have the request placed on your reservation. Most times dining requests are honored. I will point out, if you book Concierge, you will most likely be seated however you wish.

Typically DCL does try to match up similar types of reservations (adult only couples with other adult only couples; families with young children; or families with older children; and so on) so that a table make up is (hopefully) compatible.

Edited by Shmoo here

There are no 2-top tables on any DCL ship that I have seen. Families of 4 who request a "just us" can be seated with 2 at a 4-top (which was our situation on the Fantasy).

You can put in a request to be seated alone. Just call DCL and have this noted on you reservation. Then, after boarding, go to the location noted on the Navigator for "Dining Changes" and ask whether your request was met or could be met at that time. You will be seated at a table for 4 by yourself.

Ignore the "this is only a request" song and dance; just ask that it be noted on your reservation.

There are no 2-top tables on any DCL ship that I have seen. Families of 4 who request a "just us" can be seated with 2 at a 4-top (which was our situation on the Fantasy).

You can put in a request to be seated alone. Just call DCL and have this noted on you reservation. Then' date=' after boarding, go to the location noted on the Navigator for "Dining Changes" and ask whether your request was met or could be met at that time. You will be seated at a table for 4 by yourself.

Ignore the "this is only a request" song and dance; just ask that it be noted on your reservation.[/quote']

I will make a mental note of this suggestion : ) Thanks again!

You can put in a request to be seated alone. Just call DCL and have this noted on you reservation. Then' date=' after boarding, go to the location noted on the Navigator for "Dining Changes" and ask whether your request was met or could be met at that time. You will be seated at a table for 4 by yourself.

Ignore the "this is only a request" song and dance; just ask that it be noted on your reservation.[/quote']

Just to add I fully agree, this answer is correct, -having cruised the fantasy for two cruises.

You will probably have greater success if you request second seating for dinner. First seating is such a hot commodity for parents with little kids that they might be less able to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk