Guaranteed Cabin, when do you get cabin number???

lanzie99

On my upcoming trip I called the revenue dept myself as they do the upsells. I asked for the cabin type I wanted and they said sure, here is the price and here are the available cabins. I picked what I wanted an that was that.

Oh, tried that, called supervisors, agents, you name it...each time NO.

So it must be who you know .... and I do not plan on sticking around to give them more time to know me. I vote with a check book as they vote with favorite buddies.

Mind you this is for a cruise that is hurting with very low bookings.... on both segments. They wont even talk....

The there is the screw job on the air segment....I wont even get into that.

Oh, tried that, called supervisors, agents, you name it...each time NO.

While you may have had this experience during your lifetime, this scenario could simply not have taken place in conjunction with your present Oceania Cruises Booking. :D

I know this for a fact because you have lectu.....er.......informed us REPEATEDLY how brilliant you were to have selected the specific cabin that you did (the forward-most of the extended balcony cabins, I believe);

110805.jpg

and that those of us who might choose more luxe accommodations, with their attendant Butlers and perquisites, are throwing away their money so willfully that you suspected mental deficiency.

For a variety of reasons involving your simple lifestyle, charming lack of affectation, and general lack of interest in "impressing others" you've spent a good deal of time (yours and ours) explaining why those more expensive cabins do not appeal to you, and that you would therefore be seeking no Upsells, and would, in fact, turn down even a free Upgrade to stay in that cabin.

:confused: What else could you possibly have been trying to "negotiate" :confused:

My feeling have not changed...what has irritated me and others is that Oceana runs a very screwed up system and it seems to be more of an old boys club.

No, I don't care for butlers at all never will.

No I don't think penthouses are worth it at the offer price but at 50 to 60% off...??? Too, things here have changed and I am using Oceania to move me to a new home.

Then there are the air issues where others were offered free deviation, special Business class rates , and special connections....and the list goes on. What was and is frustrating is that we very politely made Oceania aware of our situation and desires over a year ago. That is frustrating....well it is to me.

Then to read the numerous folks all getting special care and feeding and clearly other peons don't get the time of day. Its called consideration.

Its a compound of numerous things that all...so I don't think either of you would feel so cute and cool if it happened to you

What seems far more likely to me is that after due consideration of your numerous requests for discounts, reductions, special rates and so on, Oceania has simply determined that your future propensity toward buying their product, which you routinely refer to as somewhat "overly luxurious" for your taste, would not be sufficiently impacted by giving you the kind of a deal which you are asking for.

Remember that all of that "Special care and Feeding" which you noticed is hopefully a preamble to many years of loyal, un-discounted cruising, and I'm thinking that maybe they just did not get that vibe from you.

Then again, you may have been embarked on a lost cause from the start. Those minimum cabins which you were dealing with seem to continuously sell out instantaneously, so there really isn't much corporate impetus to find additional customers for them.

Edited by JimandStan

I always buy the cabin level and choose the room in which I will be happy. If O comes along and offers me an upsell, typically to PH, I evaluate the deal and decide on a case by case basis. I never book a cruise with an expectation of being offered an upsell. If it happens, and I am happy with the offer, then great. If I'm never made the offer, I'm happy with the cabin I choose. I realize the games that are played hoping for an upsell, but being peed if one is not offered is in poor taste, because O is only then giving you what you initially signed up and paid for!

No I am not staying in the least expensive far from it, and no I paid full price not a discount... but that's not worth discussing .

What is worth discussing is Oceania decided to look into my pleas most of which were about air..not cabin issues. Toward that end both my Agent and I got a call that addressed and resolved things to everyone's satisfaction. That, of and in itself, was unexpected and impressive.

So as I ranted, so must I extol; Oceania took me from depressed to impressed

As they say in LA nothing wrong with being wrong, plenty wrong with staying wrong

Thank you Oceania

No I am not staying in the least expensive far from it, and no I paid full price not a discount... but that's not worth discussing .

What is worth discussing is Oceania decided to look into my pleas most of which were about air..not cabin issues. Toward that end both my Agent and I got a call that addressed and resolved things to everyone's satisfaction. That, of and in itself, was unexpected and impressive.

So as I ranted, so must I extol; Oceania took me from depressed to impressed

As they say in LA nothing wrong with being wrong, plenty wrong with staying wrong

Thank you Oceania

Glad you had a good outcome. Now just enjoy the cruise.