Late Boarding-- OBC for lunch?

ekatiel

Our cruise on the Triumph Monday 2/10/14 had a delayed departure due to fog - the previous cruise had to get back to port, and the ship cleaned before we could board. We got texts from Carnival about when to go to the terminal. We had arrived in Galveston about 10:30, so went to Murdock's to check out what they had, then drove around looking at the historic old houses and the carvings done from tree stumps left by Hurricane Ike. We were able to get into the terminal about 2:00, then boarded around 3:30. We didn't go anywhere for lunch, but had packed granola bars, trail mix, peanuts, dried fruit and water in our carryons. They had water and lemonade provided. We went to Guy's Burgers as soon as we got on! I thought that something was said in the texts about a $20 credit for lunch, but my husband said he doesn't think so. And I had deleted the texts! Whatever, there was no OBC on our bill! Anytime I travel I always pack some food and water in my purse or carryon, as you never know when you'll experience a delay.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. The ship is delayed. We are not ABLE to board until 2:30. They just got into port about 5 minutes ago and haven't even started disembarking. Carnival does, in fact, reimburse for lunch if your ship arrives to the port late. In fact, last week's Magic cruise was refunded for lunch, but they boarded much later. I'm just wondering at what embarkation time do they refund lunch money. A girl can hope for a few extra DODs, can't she :)?

Sailing out of NYC one time we couldn't board until 2:00 pm . . . we each received a $15 obc. It was automatic and we actually boarded right at 2 and went and ate lunch but enjoyed to gesture of $30 extra obc . . .

Just curious, where did you get the idea that they would offer a refund if you missed lunch embarkation day?

Both times we had a fog delay on Carnival out of Galveston and didn't board until after 4 we got a letter explaining that we should go get lunch in Galveston and return to the terminal for boarding and that we would be getting a $15.00 OBC for the lunch we had to buy.

We had a boarding delay in December on Princess and got on around 3pm. Lunch was closed. We got nothing from them. Had to wait until they opened the buffet for dinner for DH to get something to hold him over until late dining.

Since the cruise line gives you food literally 24 hours a day you won't be getting a refund for lunch money. Even when all other venues are closed you can call and order sandwiches and chips, fruit, and desserts at any time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We have been on many ships and room service did not start until AFTER the ship sailed.

Since the cruise line gives you food literally 24 hours a day you won't be getting a refund for lunch money. Even when all other venues are closed you can call and order sandwiches and chips, fruit, and desserts at any time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Think you did not read the op correctly. Anyway, on our recent cruise on the NCL Darn Dawn over Thanksgiving, we were NOT notified to report late as NCL screwed up embarkation. We arrived early, 11 am and found people still in line to get off the ship. No OJ or anything to eat except the machines that were almost empty by noon and empty by 1pm. Finally boarded apprx 4 something and went to eat dinner at 6. Could have had lunch but figured it would interfere with the muster as time was not announced til it was that time. NCL gave us nothing in OBC but then again, I did not expect anything.