Glow party ideas

LrgPizza

Does anyone have any ideas for things I might bring along on my cruise to make this party extra special - especially for my child? I'm not totally sure what it is, just that they hand out glow necklaces and probably yell and dance.

Does anyone have any ideas for things I might bring along on my cruise to make this party extra special - especially for my child? I'm not totally sure what it is, just that they hand out glow necklaces and probably yell and dance.

Wear neon, 80's fashions, wigs...and ear plugs. ;)

8796136760_aedf05b847_c.jpg

8785559831_bdb155e658_c.jpg

Edited by computerworks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry for the blank reply...technical difficulties LOL. We sailed on the Breakaway in July with friends. I picked up a tube of glow necklaces, sticks, bracelets at a "Five Below" store and some glow glasses at a local 99 cent store. Picked up my boys some neon shorts and shirts on clearance from Old Navy.....they practically matched the crew! They do not give out any glow jewelry at the party.

Get there early, it gets crowded, lots of fun!!

Definitely go to the Dollar Tree and pick up some things. You could also get some glow in the dark paint and do a T-shirt, hat etc. You can also find nail polish, lipstick that glows. Check out pinterest for ideas.

Definitely go to the Dollar Tree and pick up some things. You could also get some glow in the dark paint and do a T-shirt, hat etc. You can also find nail polish, lipstick that glows. Check out pinterest for ideas.

I already own glow-in-the dark nail polish, and my husband owns an imprinted sportswear company, so we can handle the shirt idea. ;) This is going to be fun. Thanks for the suggestions.

So children are allowed to go? My daughter will be 7 1/2 when we cruise and I was hoping she would be able to attend. Do they have to leave by a certain time and then it's adult only?
Kids can go.

I just found this picture while googling. (No, I don't know the girl). I am digging the face paint. I need to get some.

glow_zps258146bd.jpg

So children are allowed to go? My daughter will be 7 1/2 when we cruise and I was hoping she would be able to attend. Do they have to leave by a certain time and then it's adult only?

ImageUploadedByForums1392673145.601939.jpg.4b6020abd34f3a976d2023e9d4853282.jpg

Kids are definitely allowed to join the party!!!

IS this party on all NCL ships ?? I know about white nights...but have not heard about glow parties.

Thanks

Huggs

What time is it at???

Pretty sure it was 10:30 PM on the Breakaway. We headed up to Spice H20 around 9:30 straight from our excursion, grabbed a bunch of tables, had a few drinks and we were glad we did. It got very crowded!!! People were begging me for some of my glow stuff, we had it all out waiting for the rest of the kids in our group! ;0)

We had something like this at my wedding. I bought all sorts of glow stuff and flashing necklaces and rings, all at a local dollar store or party city kind of store.

The kids loved it! We had some left over from the wedding that we gave out on Halloween, we were a big hit!

I am so glad you brought this up. I am a serious introvert, but I am planning to show up to this party --- on the Star it's apparently called the "White Hot Party" and it is under black light, I guess....but anyway, here is my idea for you....I love children of all kinds and I did a similar party a few years ago for the children in my building during the summer at the pool area.

I went to the dollar store and I bought white t-shirts or mens' small undershirts. Then I went to my local art supply shop (probably would be cheaper at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin's etc.) and got glow in the dark paint.

I painted all the shirts with a "portrait" of each child...but no one knew which was which, until the lights went on...so everyone had to scramble and switch shirts, finding the person that went with the portrait...obviously, they had regular clothes on under the shirts. But the point of this was to get the children to talk to one another and get to know each other....most of them didn't know each other's names. It was a huge success and they are all fast friends now. :)

now, obviously, I realize this is a little more complicated than you want...but painting these shirts is super easy. If you are not artistically inclined, my advice is to do "jackson pollock" shirts....Simply take the shirt, lay it out on a kitchen table. Dip the paint brush in the glow in the dark paint, and spatter as you like. Try to mix up the colours. (They come in different colours.) If you can manage to actually paint them under the black light, you will be able to see what you are doing, and how it will look.

Have fun :)

PS --- also one other idea: you might know a tattoo artist in your area...I mean a real one. Call that person and ask them for temporary, glow in the dark, "invisible" tattoo transfers for children...they might have them in their shop. :)

The very latest thing in tattoos, is "invisible" ones that only show under black light.....a friend of mine does these...if your sailing is a ways away, and you can't find them in your area, I would be willing to call Danny and ask him for some children's transfers for you. GBY.

Edited by artist47

I'm sorry for this 2nd post, but my time limit expired ....

I was thinking you could easily do a portrait of your child on the shirt. Very simple and easy , no art lessons required. Simply take a very good exposure photo of your child, one that will show "through" , and slip it under the front layer of the shirt. Then, under the black light, paint over it, just like tracing paper.....then your child will have a portrait of themselves on the shirt, and they will be FAMOUS!!! :)

Tricks to this will be: the shirt will have to be very thin cotton, so that the photo will show thru. The photo you use will have to be black and white, so that the contrasts will be easier for you to paint over and capture....if you decide to this, here's my advice: for the face, choose two very contrasting "glow in the dark" colours, like maybe light blue and a medium orange. Then, for the hair, use green. See what I mean? You would have a 3 colour palette for the portrait which keeps it simple, but also gives enough contrast to each other to give up a nice picture. Very "pop-art". Andy Warhol will be proud of you!! :)

Edited by artist47

That would definitely be Warhol-like. I like it! I think you missed the part where I said my husband makes shirts for a living. He actually runs a large company, and they have plenty of glow in the dark paint in house and can simplify this process using his graphic art and supplies in a few minutes. Now, talking my 11 year old into wearing one of these might be another story. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That would definitely be Warhol-like. I like it! I think you missed the part where I said my husband makes shirts for a living. He actually runs a large company, and they have plenty of glow in the dark paint in house and can simplify this process using his graphic art and supplies in a few minutes. Now, talking my 11 year old into wearing one of these might be another story. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am so sorry if I offended! Was never my intention --- it was late last night and I wasn't reading carefully...will do so in future...

That's great...I'm glad you like the idea...just tell him it's a glow in the dark shirt and the design is a surprise! :) I hope you will take a picture of the shirt and post it for us...I would love to see it! :)

I The very latest thing in tattoos, is "invisible" ones that only show under black light.....

This sounds like a super cool idea. Do these go on like the temporary tattoos that press on with water?

Might they be available somewhere like Michael's as well?