2014 Spring Break dates

coloradokidforever

I can't believe how late some districts push their spring break. I'm used to spring break being in March as both it was in Tennessee while I was in high school and then here in Texas. My question is if you don't get spring break until the end of April, when do you get out of school for the year?

We have spring break mid April and our public schools last day is June 25th. We start school the first week of September.

We have spring break mid April and our public schools last day is June 25th. We start school the first week of September.

I wish school would start around here in RI in september,they use to ...now its in august,stinks !

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

As a father of two kids, I don't take offense at people who wish to sail without children as long as it's asked in a respectful manner, which is how the OP posed their question. I don't find anything "disgusting or shameful" as you said.

I think its a very valid inquiry, just like wanting to sail with people of any other specific age group or interests.

We are sailing this year twice. First one is going to be in June, SPECIFICALLY for our kids (We will do the whole pre-cruise stay in Central Florida with amusement parks, cartoon characters, and not a single moment of quiet and peace. We chose the ship and itinerary specifically with our kids ages in mind. I'm sure there will be lots of Mac & cheese and chicken nuggets in our diet that week! :o). In a nutshell it will be all about them and we want to sail when there are a bunch of other kids onboard.

Fast forward to October. That cruise will be all about mom and dad. Kids are staying home with the in laws. We don't want anything remotely catering to kids. Itinerary would bore the kids to death. We chose a cruise line that's a bit more upscale and adult oriented. We plan on enjoying quiet and unhurried dinners at specialty restaurants. We are buying a week spa pass. We will be able to attend shows without having to leave halfway, etc, etc. It will be ALL about us as we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary! :D

And there's NOTHING shameful or disgusting about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Point is that these boards and the posters on them freely discriminate and insult kids and young adults and everyone thinks it ok to do so

It's about the toleration of kid bashing on these boards that is shameful and disgusting

I still think the "kid bashing" by posters here is horrible

Still haven't seen you provide an example of "kid bashing" and why it is so disgusting. The vague (and slightly hyperbolic) claims don't seem to be getting you much of a sympathetic audience; perhaps if you provided cogent examples you might get more traction?

As a father of two kids, I don't take offense at people who wish to sail without children as long as it's asked in a respectful manner, which is how the OP posed their question. I don't find anything "disgusting or shameful" as you said.

I think its a very valid inquiry, just like wanting to sail with people of any other specific age group or interests.

We are sailing this year twice. First one is going to be in June, SPECIFICALLY for our kids (We will do the whole pre-cruise stay in Central Florida with amusement parks, cartoon characters, and not a single moment of quiet and peace. We chose the ship and itinerary specifically with our kids ages in mind. I'm sure there will be lots of Mac & cheese and chicken nuggets in our diet that week! :o). In a nutshell it will be all about them and we want to sail when there are a bunch of other kids onboard.

Fast forward to October. That cruise will be all about mom and dad. Kids are staying home with the in laws. We don't want anything remotely catering to kids. Itinerary would bore the kids to death. We chose a cruise line that's a bit more upscale and adult oriented. We plan on enjoying quiet and unhurried dinners at specialty restaurants. We are buying a week spa pass. We will be able to attend shows without having to leave halfway, etc, etc. It will be ALL about us as we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary! :D

And there's NOTHING shameful or disgusting about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree here..I understand both sides of wanting lots of all age kids and not wanting a lot...

As a solo cruiser..auntie of 7 great auntie of 2...i love the confusion family trips..weddings..cabin times..but they are one thing..the memories are often more precious than the living through it due to the pace and wild level of all the inlaws..friends..partners..age levels..of the big groups.

Sometime I love watching families on more family cruises and like to be a little bit in the confusion and that energy even as a solo without family going..like going to Disney.

Sometimes I like and want quite something else and look forward to a cruise like your second one with more frills and slightly more upscale someday soon..Happy Wedding Anniversary..it is a shock isn't it..the speed of time.....Sarah

Edited by sjn911