Royal Carpet Question

xavier

I'm sure this has been discussed but tried to do a search and could not find an answer...My parents are going to tne royal and I'd like to give them the heads up about the 2 different colored carpets depending on the side of the ship. Does the Royal have this feature? Thanks so much, just trying to make things as simple as possilbe for my parents.

I'm sure this has been discussed but tried to do a search and could not find an answer...My parents are going to tne royal and I'd like to give them the heads up about the 2 different colored carpets depending on the side of the ship. Does the Royal have this feature? Thanks so much, just trying to make things as simple as possilbe for my parents.

Unfortunately it doesn't. We were on the Royal in December with my 2 brothers and sisters in law who had cruised once on Princess (Coral in Alaska in 2012) and all 4 of them asked what happened to the carpet? The different colors and wave pattern was such a simple and elegant solution to determining where you are that I can't imagine why they decided to change it.

Unfortunately it doesn't. We were on the Royal in December with my 2 brothers and sisters in law who had cruised once on Princess (Coral in Alaska in 2012) and all 4 of them asked what happened to the carpet? The different colors and wave pattern was such a simple and elegant solution to determining where you are that I can't imagine why they decided to change it.

Oh my. Thanks for the info Capriccio, it's much appreciated.

In addition to the Royal it appears that other Princess ships will use the new carpeting as it's replaced. On the Coral last summer sections had already been replaced with the new carpet pattern. My guess would be that instead of having 2 types of spare carpeting onboard they now only need 1 type of carpeting for both sides of the ship.

I've rarely looked at the carpet color & remember that even numbers (port or left) all have 4 letters unlike odd numbers (starboard or right) having 3, 8 or 5 numbers. And with most elevators facing forward when exiting them I turn left if going to an even number cabin...or read the signs when entering a hallway. ;)

The Royal does have signs in the elevator area that indicate which side is the starboard and which is the port side with odd or even staterooms numbers written under it. Makes it easy to find your cabin. We just got off the ship and had no problems