Royal Princess Obstructed Rooms

bren51

I'm not sure if all of them are obstructed however I know my mom was on the Royal this past December and was booked in an obstructed balcony stateroom on Emerald. She said it was horrible, the balcony was completely blocked by a lifeboat and they were disturbed by the lowering of lifeboats on tender days. She also stated that there was a strong smell of oil from the balcony. Her recommendation is to stay away from any obstructed balcony stateroom on this ship. Its just not worth it.

I'm not sure if all of them are obstructed however I know my mom was on the Royal this past December and was booked in an obstructed balcony stateroom on Emerald. She said it was horrible, the balcony was completely blocked by a lifeboat and they were disturbed by the lowering of lifeboats on tender days. She also stated that there was a strong smell of oil from the balcony. Her recommendation is to stay away from any obstructed balcony stateroom on this ship. Its just not worth it.

Just off the Royal and were in D605, sitting on the balcony you could see the tops of the life boats not the ocean.

DSC_0118_zpscdf8603f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
We were in E405--great room and large size balcony, no obstruction or smells, very central location, we loved this area and everything about this cruise! :D:D

Oh I am so grateful for your info on this cabin as we will be in E 406 port side should be same similarity. Though I realized you commented on this 10 days ago I hope you get my comment. I have been searching for info on this cabin on cc and google for days but looking for info on Royal E 406 and after searching through cc new threads to old now on page 8 I found your comment. I feel so much more comfortable that I made a good decision. Thank you, thank you ,thank you.

Joya