Cunard from Alexandria VA 1994

GW248

Does anyone happen to remember a Cunard cruise from Alexandria VA in 1994, I believe it was August. Just trying to find out the ship and itinerary.

From what I recall we at least went to Bermuda, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and ended in San Juan.

Rick

Does anyone happen to remember a Cunard cruise from Alexandria VA in 1994, I believe it was August. Just trying to find out the ship and itinerary.

From what I recall we at least went to Bermuda, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and ended in San Juan.

Rick

I think Westerdam is right about the ship. I did one of those cruises in 1998, but that year it was the NCL Leeward. The ships were chartered by Dideon Cruises of Alexandria, and ended when Baltimore started to get cruise business. They still have a press release from that last cruise up on their web site:

http://www.didioncruises.com/4328390_33705.htm

I don't know if you contacted Didion if they could tell you more about the 1994 cruise or not.

It was exciting going through the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, but also required a VERY early morning arrival and I think a mid-afternoon sailaway.

Roy

Thank you all for the responses - this definitely brings back memories! Yes, now Didion sounds familiar, the web article was great. Cruising down the Potomac was a very memorable experience!

Rick