Draft beers

You can usually find Stella Draft, even on those ships without pubs.

I was just on the Enchantment last month and the pool bars had a deal on 24oz Stella for like $6.95 with tip. (And yes I used both of my BOGO drink coupons on this deal!)

There is draft beer in many of the bars and in some there is only bottles. Also depending on the bar there may be a different draft beer so you have to almost take a look before you order. The English Pub on Allure this past week had Boddingtons and Stella and there was a draft wheat beer in some of the other bars. I think I also saw Bud light in a few places.

It seems the main staple in draft beer for the bars on RCI ships is Heineken and Amstel light. The pubs usually have two more drafts, Murphy's and I don't recall the other. My only wish is they expand the pub selection a little to include a nice IPA, porter, and/or stout. Don't be fooled by Guiness Draught either. If they have it, it's in the can.

It seems the main staple in draft beer for the bars on RCI ships is Heineken and Amstel light. The pubs usually have two more drafts, Murphy's and I don't recall the other. My only wish is they expand the pub selection a little to include a nice IPA, porter, and/or stout. Don't be fooled by Guiness Draught either. If they have it, it's in the can.

Yes, the Guinness Draught is indeed in a can...but it tasted mighty fine to me! Almost as good as drinking it from the bar at the top of the Guinness Factory in Dublin! :-)

Yes, the Guinness Draught is indeed in a can...but it tasted mighty fine to me! Almost as good as drinking it from the bar at the top of the Guinness Factory in Dublin! :-)

I envy that signature!

Maybe one day I'll get there.

Michael

Good beer is in bottles, but it's fine and you don't need to be concerned with dirty taps. They'll even keep some pints cold for you if you're nice and ask.

All beer is good. :D Some are just better than others and some are better off the tap than bottled but they're all good. ;)

Good beer is in bottles, but it's fine and you don't need to be concerned with dirty taps. They'll even keep some pints cold for you if you're nice and ask.

If you're finding places with dirty lines, it's time to R-U-N-N-O-F-T, to quote "O Brother Where Art Thou." Good places are fastidious about keeping their lines clean and I've yet to come across a draught spoiled by dirty lines. I'm similarly sure RCI has some policy about the frequency with which the lines are cleaned. A little off topic and FWIW a good many breweries are switching from bottling to canning to reduce skunking, let in less air, are stackable, lighter, and cheaper. I know several craft breweries in the Triangle area are either switching to cans or are cans only.

All beer is good. :D Some are just better than others and some are better off the tap than bottled but they're all good. ;)

I don't know about all. I can think of a few beers (they rhyme with Doors, Biller, and Mudmeiser) that aren't very good. But beyond macrobrewed adjunct swill, I'll agree here! I've had beers that are just so-so bottled and amazing on draft and vice versa. Now if only we can get RCI to let us bring a growler or two in addition to or in lieu of a bottle of wine.

Here's what's on tap on the Oasis in the Globe and Atlas.

megacruiser

Day5Oasis024_zps2f3e2744.jpg

Hoegaaden on tap, nice! I'd end up pretty pale if I cruised on Oasis because I'd be spending an awful lot of time in the pub...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

I don't know about all. I can think of a few beers (they rhyme with Doors, Biller, and Mudmeiser) that aren't very good. But beyond macrobrewed adjunct swill, I'll agree here! I've had beers that are just so-so bottled and amazing on draft and vice versa. Now if only we can get RCI to let us bring a growler or two in addition to or in lieu of a bottle of wine.

While I consider myself a borderline beer snob, I can still partake of the rhymers if that's all there is to consume. :D I'm actually waiting to see what direction Celebrity is going in with their Michael's Club. Been there once on Reflection and loved it. It was a stretch to advertise as having 50 'craft' beers but they had a pretty good selection. No taps. Now it looks like it's being used for the new top tier cocktail hour. Waiting to see if they open it up again to all passengers after the cocktail hours.