Dining, diving and spa pass on the Pearl

Doglover48

This is our first cruise on NCL and I had a few questions I hope someone may be able to answer.

1. We wanted to do the chefs table during our cruise and I booked our specialty restaurants. Can we change our reservation once we get on the ship if the 2 overlap?

2. We booked the ships excursion for diving at Cozumel and Belize. Has anyone else done this? Have they ever cancelled? We would be really bummed as this is the purpose of our trip. Thought of booking on our own but worried about the tenders and times even though we have a suite.

Last one!

3. Anyone know the cost for a 7 day pass for the spa to access the thermal room, sauna, steam room etc?

Thank you so much!!

My DH and DS always book the dive excursions on our cruises and have never had a cancellation. (Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya, Tortola, St. Thomas, etc!) When we have been on resort holidays, they have had problems with dive boats breaking down and fellow divers not surfacing when they are supposed to which makes the trip longer. This is the number one reason why we always book through the cruise line instead of booking our own dive trips. Really don't want to miss the boat because of these problem!

I would like to know the answer to your Chef's Table question, too! I am calling the preconcierge tomorrow. If they have an answer, I will let you know.

I just spoke to my Concierge and she confirmed that if you get "invited" (aka sign up early enough to get on the list!) to the Chef's Table and have a restaurant booking elsewhere, the onboard concierge, if you are in a Suite, will reschedule your previous restaurant booking so that you may attend the Chef's Table. If you are not in a Suite, just contact the Restaurant reservation staff and they can assist you in switching the reservation, but this should be done 24 hours in advance. In addition, if you are in a Suite, you may request to be put on the potential guest list for the Chef's Table via the pre-concierge.

If I remember correctly from other postings, the spa pass is $199/p/week.

I hope this helps! :)

Hi Getaway4fun!

Thanks for finding the info out for me! Good to know we can change the res. I kind of thought we would as we were able to do it on a Celebrity cruise as well. Will you be diving at any of the ports?

My pleasure! :)

DH and DS are diving in Costa Maya and Cozumel. It's a shame that they don't offer a dive in Jamaica. Our DD does not dive so we have made plans to hang onboard and hit the water slides (and maybe the spa!).

Edited by getaway4fun

You can change or cancel speciality restaurant bookings onboard.

Cancellations need to have 24 hours notice. If you just want to change a time then you should be ok even without that notice, although I suspect that they could refuse. Any refunds are credited to your onboard account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My pleasure! :)

DH and DS are diving in Costa Maya and Cozumel. It's a shame that they don't offer a dive in Jamaica. Our DD does not dive so we have made plans to hang onboard and hit the water slides (and maybe the spa!).

I don't think so. We are on the Pearl March 21. We don't go to Jamaica. We do Belize, roatan, Cozumel and Key West!

I don't think so. We are on the Pearl March 21. We don't go to Jamaica. We do Belize, roatan, Cozumel and Key West!

We were just in Cozumel for a week in August and my DS got his advanced open water certification. He and DH said the diving was very good. Belize is typically amazing and Key West (we have heard) has gotten much better over the past few years. It has been too long to comment on Roatan.

We loved the Pearl. She is a great ship not too big, not too small. Enjoy your holiday!!!

We were just in Cozumel for a week in August and my DS got his advanced open water certification. He and DH said the diving was very good. Belize is typically amazing and Key West (we have heard) has gotten much better over the past few years. It has been too long to comment on Roatan.

We loved the Pearl. She is a great ship not too big, not too small. Enjoy your holiday!!!

Thanks! You too!

This is our first cruise on NCL and I had a few questions I hope someone may be able to answer.

1. We wanted to do the chefs table during our cruise and I booked our specialty restaurants. Can we change our reservation once we get on the ship if the 2 overlap?

2. We booked the ships excursion for diving at Cozumel and Belize. Has anyone else done this? Have they ever cancelled? We would be really bummed as this is the purpose of our trip. Thought of booking on our own but worried about the tenders and times even though we have a suite.

Last one!

3. Anyone know the cost for a 7 day pass for the spa to access the thermal room, sauna, steam room etc?

Thank you so much!!

Unfortunately I dont have experience diving with NCL, but my wife and I have taken dive trips from many other lines, and have never had one canceled. Also I have had very good experiences with the shops they choose to work with. We bring all our own gear which I recommend, but have seen other use the rental gear with no issues. You should have great trips. Enjoy!

6&8

Unfortunately I dont have experience diving with NCL, but my wife and I have taken dive trips from many other lines, and have never had one canceled. Also I have had very good experiences with the shops they choose to work with. We bring all our own gear which I recommend, but have seen other use the rental gear with no issues. You should have great trips. Enjoy!

6&8

Thanks 6&8 (love the craps reference)! we've dove on other cruise ships but I've made all the arrangements. Good to know you had a good experience.