Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

...If the dinner at Chops is at no cost to you, I would consider going and either upgrading to the Aged Steak or try something other than steak. Sounds silly I know to go to a Steak House and avoid the steak. :D Maybe one of the other items on the menu would appeal to you. The place does have a nice atmosphere and the service was good. Just a thought.

I had signed up for a dinner at Chops as a treat to my in-laws and travel companions. My first specialty restaurant dinner as we normally just eat in the MDR. After your review (and concurrence from others), I changed to 150 Central Park for only a few dollars more pp. Thanks for your honesty and now we are really looking forward to a special occasion.

Following!!! With über enthusiasm I must say. Our first ever cruise is coming up soon (on Allure however) and this makes us so excited. Not to mention well prepared!! Thanks so much!

Edited by orca1986

Starting this time at the Solarium to the right on the Plan, which is forwardmost...

Deck15plan_zpsdc86a3cf.jpg

It is a very striking and beautiful space covering a huge area...

solariumdoublesweep_zpsec5ab177.jpg

solariummidpoolsunset_zps351cb78f.jpg

The Solarium is partially covered by huge open slats that were designed to prevent it from being blowy, by deflecting airflow over the top. By choosing your spot carefully you can lie in the shade out of direct sunshine, but you may need to move as the day progresses...

solariumroofslats2_zpsee55f517.jpg

There are steps to the upper level where there is a bar. Outside, again there are lots of deckchairs and tables and chairs...

solariumdoubleupdown_zps27b61065.jpg

There is a central enclosed eatery open for self-serve “lighter” breakfasts, lunches and snacks. There are tables and chairs both inside, and outside in the shade. In the evening the tables are set for waiter service of the Solarium Bistro Dinner Menu.

SOLARIUMBISTRONIGHT_zps37ae655d.jpg

There is a vast central whirlpool that would accommodate, at a guess, in excess of 30 people.

solariumpoolfullon_zps5bae276d.jpg

In addition there are another two very large whirlpools, by normal standards, within the Solarium.

solariumlifering_zpsa7aeb4cb.jpg

Then there are two other enormous whirlpools that protrude out from the ship’s superstructure, one positioned each side, near the entrance.

WHIRLPOOLRULES_zps0eb280a3.jpg

After we pass one of those whirlpools going aft, we then come to the Beach Pool…

beachpool_zps314437aa.jpg

It is located directly opposite the main pool that is the other side of the Central Park “gap” or atrium.

jacuzzisbothsides_zps4a11c587.jpg

…followed by the H2O Zone...

H2Oacrosstosportspool_zps3d3806c7.jpg

As we head aft toward the Sports Court area we come to the Wipe Out Café that offers breakfasts with eggs to order and hot snacks from then on; including pizzas, hot dogs, sausage rolls and burgers and fries… that sort of thing. I was going to post a photo but it is so basic – think Windjammer style, without the finesse…:D

WipeOutdineout_zps80fe2402.jpg

There is seating outside and ice cream/frozen yoghurt machines inside.

WipeOuticecream_zps1bb883c3.jpg

Next is the Basketball Court…

BASKETBALLOASIS_zps9d0864ac.jpg

…followed by the Flowriders, one at each side at the stern.

FLOWLESSON_zps5db6dc5d.jpg

The start of the Zip Line is in this area.

oasis2098_zps48261e7b.jpg

zipwoman_zps6542441f.jpg

Moving past the children’s area that includes Fuel and the Living Room, we had forward on the port side through a passageway with deckchairs looking out to sea called The View…

TheView_zps5c2e0c0e.jpg

We then pass the Sports Pool and finally to the Main Pool that leads back to the Solarium.

MAINPOOLCHAIRLEVELS_zps9637b8e9.jpg

You will notice the tiered area surrounding the pools with vast numbers of deckchairs.

I hope this gives an indication of just how much room there is on this deck for those wishing to lounge. Masses more space above on the Deck 16 "overhang" and the upper level of the Solarium.

Next will be Day 7, the highlight of which will be eating, as usual.:D

Photos and reviews of the main dining room lunch and my second visit to 150 Central Park.

Keep following... much appreciated.:)

Is there any interesting or memorable artwork in the stairwells, elevator lobbies, or other public spaces? I'm talking about permanent displays and not the art they are trying to sell at the auctions.

There are over 7,000 pieces of commissioned art on the ship that are not part of the art auction. Art is everywhere---on the walls, stairwells, elevators, in the garden, etc. The ship has 39 or 42 "small wonders"--pieces of art or such. We had fun trying to find them.

Also, there are these little ET-looking things all over--take a look in them and there are photos. And vertical telescope things that also have photos in them.

Thanks megacruiser for the photos on Deck 15. This really helps to get a feel of what is where as we will be spending lots of time on this deck with 2 boys. Much better than looking at a deck plan.

There are over 7,000 pieces of commissioned art on the ship that are not part of the art auction. Art is everywhere---on the walls, stairwells, elevators, in the garden, etc. The ship has 39 or 42 "small wonders"--pieces of art or such. We had fun trying to find them.

Also, there are these little ET-looking things all over--take a look in them and there are photos. And vertical telescope things that also have photos in them.

On some ships there are catalogs of onboard artwork. These catalogs are available in a range of media: from iPods you can borrow, to booklets in your cabin, to loose pages stapled together that you can borrow. Does the Oasis or Allure have such a catalog that can help someone find the artwork and read a little about the art?