Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Am loving reading your review!! We are sailing on the Oasis in August :) and I v been counting the days down for months already...reading each of your entries is making me even more impatient (and excited) for our cruise day to come !

Hi Cruising3779,

Thanks so much for giving feedback. You will have an unforgettable holiday on Oasis.

Cheers

megacruiser

Your photos are absolutely stunning! Both my daughter and I are hooked and enjoying all of the time you are putting into sharing your thoughts on Oasis. Thank you!

Hi reb69dem,

Thank you for the lovely compliment. Since you are "hooked", I'll put you down as "Following"

Really appreciated

megacruiser

Following!! This is an incredible source of information. We leave on the Oasis May 24. While we have been on all of the other classes of RCCL ships, this will be our first time on the Oasis. My husband was worried that he would feel crowded but that doesn't seem to be an issue. We will be in a Central Park balcony and hopefully, it won't be as noisy as the Boardwalk balconies.

ThankS!

Following!! This is an incredible source of information. We leave on the Oasis May 24. While we have been on all of the other classes of RCCL ships, this will be our first time on the Oasis. My husband was worried that he would feel crowded but that doesn't seem to be an issue. We will be in a Central Park balcony and hopefully, it won't be as noisy as the Boardwalk balconies.

ThankS!

Surprise, we are on the same Oasis cruise- May 24.... This is our second trip on the Oasis and we did have a Boardwalk balcony room and it WAS noisy during certain times of the day and during the movies, sing-a-longs, and Aqua show hours. This time I have the very first balcony on the front of the ship facing the sea.

Add me to the list of those "following." We sail on Oasis in December, our first RCI cruise after many on Carnival.

I love the "tour" style of your review, giving us a real feel for what walking along the various decks will be like when our day finally arrives. Thanks so much! I am looking forward to your review of Chops since, if I understood correctly, you hinted that it might not be of the glowing variety...

Hi reb69dem,

Thank you for the lovely compliment. Since you are "hooked", I'll put you down as "Following"

Really appreciated

megacruiser

Are you keeping a log of those following for ur own knowledge or something cruise critic wants? Just curious for when I do a review. Your pictures are amazing I'm checking like every hour for a new post lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Add us to the list of those "following." We set sail on Oasis May 24. We have sailed many times on Royal but this will be the first time on Oasis. Your pictures are beautiful, wish I could take them like that. Mine always come out blurry/out-of-focus, those digital cameras take forever to shoot one pic. Since we are leaving in May, I will enjoy sitting with my DH ever-so-often to review your pictures and review of the ship. Great job. Thanks.

I'm following too!! DH and I are traveling on the Oasis May 10....so excited. We booked an oceanview balcony because we love staring at the water for hours and were afraid we wouldn't see it much otherwise with all the activities we will be doing!! Can't wait to read the rest of your awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us :)

I'm following too!! DH and I are traveling on the Oasis May 10....so excited. We booked an oceanview balcony because we love staring at the water for hours and were afraid we wouldn't see it much otherwise with all the activities we will be doing!! Can't wait to read the rest of your awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us :)

Hello there. Just noticed you are from London, Ontario. We have good friends from Glencoe, which I believe is not too far from you. Also noticed that you were on the Glory last year, and we were too. We had a great time on the Glory but are also really looking forward to our ocean view balcony on the Oasis, and this review is helping me pass the time until then. :)

Hello there. Just noticed you are from London, Ontario. We have good friends from Glencoe, which I believe is not too far from you. Also noticed that you were on the Glory last year, and we were too. We had a great time on the Glory but are also really looking forward to our ocean view balcony on the Oasis, and this review is helping me pass the time until then. :)

Hi CruzCrazy - yes, Glencoe is very close to us. Small world :) Have you been up here to visit? We were on the Glory last summer. It was our first Carnival cruise after being told for years that we wouldn't enjoy it by friends and travel agents. It was low cost and driveable for us (9 hours to Boston port which we were willing to do), so we thought we'd give it a try. We had a great time! Prefer RC just a little more, but would certainly cruise with them again. We're 72 days away from our balcony...this review is really helping me feel prepared! Enjoy your cruise!! :)

On ordinary ships my normal routine on a sea day would be to rise at the crack of dawn, have breakfast early and find a deckchair in the shade near one of the main pools or solarium, so that I could relax most of the morning. On this ship, for some reason, there was no pressing urgency to do that, as there were innumerable ways I could relax and enjoy myself, not dependant on finding an ideal chair. Now maybe if you want to lie flat out in direct sunshine, that would be a different matter. However I am ageing disgracefully enough without the help of direct sunlight converting my delicate skin to the appearance of a dried prune… I digress.

So a late Breakfast it was in the Opus 3 main dining room with open seating. It took a few minutes to be seated. I seemed to be at the furthest table away from my waiter’s station and I think I got rather forgotten. Perhaps it was the fact that I had the audacity to request an omelette made with the filling I wanted, namely onions, red peppers and tomatoes, none of which were listed as options.

DSCF5307_zps4294f455.jpg

He seemed to indicate that it wouldn’t be a problem, but after some 40 minutes had elapsed, it hadn’t arrived. As a section Head Waiter passed I accosted him in the most amiable non-confrontational manner possible concerning the undue delay and his apologies were effusive and seemed sincere. That I had been asking for copies of all the menus and photographing food to write a review may have been a fact with which he had become acquainted through the behind-the-scenes grapevine. Anyway it arrived shortly thereafter and although slightly better than the Wipe Out disaster, it had the characteristic overcooking of the egg and undercooking of the filling. Not to worry; plenty of food to be had everywhere and an under-utilised toaster in the Diamond Club was calling me…

As was my wont on this cruise, I spent a lot of the time wandering, sitting a while, soaking up the details that had gone into making the surroundings so stimulatingly special. Had a look at the Zip Line and the Flowriders.

DSCF5460_zps469e78a8.jpg]

DSCF5470_zps52c58bbe.jpg

Then I spent a lot of time photographing menus and drinks lists, and before I knew it - lunch was overdue…

DSCF5311_zps81a6dde7.jpg

I always aim to dine in the MDR on sea days as some of the lunches available on the Brasserie 30 Menu surpass dinner. I don’t know if this is related to the relatively smaller numbers being catered for, but there is just that added sense of freshness to some of the cooking, I think as a consequence of not hanging around as much.

Well, in a similar fashion to my experience writing and compiling this review, time had run away with me, and 1.30 had come and gone ten minutes since. My best intentions had been thwarted by my own complacency. Oh dear, up to the buffet in the hope of a good curry… There is always at least one on, even if only vegetarian and I have always felt that if vegetarianism ever became compulsory (God forbid), it is the one cuisine that can deliver really tasty and satisfying food without meat. It was a vegetable curry so I went light knowing I had yet to indulge my craving for something relatively recently introduced by Royal Caribbean… something so good and at no additional charge that I do wonder, why are they doing this – it must cost them a fortune. I would gladly pay a few dollars extra for something this good at lunchtime…

oasis2197_zpsab19404a.jpg

I speak of course of the famous Kummelweck rolls served in Park Café. What makes them so special? The filling is a triple thickness slow roasted beef that tastes almost as good as the Prime Rib served at dinner. Let me own up right now… I admit I am fussy when it comes to beef, as you may realise when reading my Chops review, where I dined later that evening. So when I praise the beef in the Kummelweck rolls it is because on every occasion it has been juicy, tasty and tender.

DSCF5499_zpsf5b3bb19.jpg

There is a choice of ketchup, regular mustard or a mustard relish, which I think is delicious. For some reason they describe it as hot but I think it has just the right piquancy that complements the beef so perfectly.

Edited by megacruiser

An afternoon nap for me is de rigueur to recharge the batteries for the night ahead. I scrambled out onto deck in time for sunset where as always many passengers were patiently waiting for that elusive special sunset the so seldom shows up when your camera is to hand, or in some cases on a tripod! That’s taking it a bit too far…

DSCF4555_zps35c03fed.jpg

Sunset is an appropriate point to break as the midnight hour has long since past. Sorry but Day 5 Evening, including Chops and the 70’s Disco Inferno Street Party, will follow tomorrow…

My usual appeal as I sign off, please do let me know if you are following this review. Just the word “Following” is all I need.

Much appreciated.