South Shore Zip-Line Adventures

FL011049

We have a cruise which will be porting in Roatan. I have an adventurous 7 & 8yr old that would like to zip-line. Because the cruise-sponsored excursion only offers zipping for 8+ we are looking at other options.

Has anyone ever heard of or used South Shore Zip Line Adventures? http://southshorezipline.com/contact/index.html

I can't find them on tripadvisor.

Thanks for any input! We leave in 26 days!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,

I used them a few years ago and they were great. Link below is for their page on Trip Advisor. The package included a stop at Foster's resort on West End/West Bay. Both parts of the trip were excellent.

Mike

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g292019-d1371686-Reviews-South_Shore_Zipline-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

What ship are you on?

If you're docking at Mahogany Bay, there's a zip line right across from the port entrance. Clip N Zip. I think it costs around $60. Not sure if they have age restrictions, but they have children size harnesses. But it's a 3 cable zip line and the run only takes about an hour versus longer at South Shore. South Shore has some steep canyons it goes over, which might be a bit frightening even for adventuresome kids. CNZ does operate through ship sponsored zip excursions but I think they take walkons if you're docked at MBCC.

We zipped with them and my daughter was 6 and LOVED it. We used Christopher Tours. They treated us like family and we had a blast. We did the zip and beach. Had a private driver (Dario) and it was the highlight of our cruise. I have it booked again for our next cruise with the same driver. Oh and it was like $65 a person. Less if someone doesn't zip. Take tip $ for the zip guys because they will have to attach to your son to zip. It was so cool hearing my daughter laugh and squeal when she zipped. I have great pics!

Also there is a monkey at SSS so bring some raisin bran from the ship he like that the best.

Edited by MichelleChell