Where did the search tool go??? Need info on transfering booking to agent

nattie

Normally I would have just searched for this, bur can't find where that function disappeared?

In any case, I have booked Thanksgiving cruise on Ruby on Princess site. I am planning to monitor price drops etc. and upgrade as available.

I was wondering if I should cancel and book through travel agent? The price difference is about $170 for the same type room with no additional perks (lower through agent on *************). I normally book with agent, but its tedious to request upgrades etc., it was so much easier with our last cruise when I dealt with Princess directly.

What would you do? Any additional things I should consider aside from price to book with online cruiseagency?

Normally I would have just searched for this, bur can't find where that function disappeared?

In any case, I have booked Thanksgiving cruise on Ruby on Princess site. I am planning to monitor price drops etc. and upgrade as available.

I was wondering if I should cancel and book through travel agent? The price difference is about $170 for the same type room with no additional perks (lower through agent on *************). I normally book with agent, but its tedious to request upgrades etc., it was so much easier with our last cruise when I dealt with Princess directly.

What would you do? Any additional things I should consider aside from price to book with online cruiseagency?

Would the agent charge you to make any price drop happen? What other charges might they make if you ask them to make car reservations, etc? Be careful of those hidden charges. I've read (no actual experience with this) that you can just notify Princess that you want to transfer to "agent x at xyz agency" so no need to cancel and rebook if they would honor the difference that way.

Another thought, how much deposit would you lose if cancel to rebook with the agency?

I don't think I am losing the deposit, at least it says I get all deposit back. Another issue is I booked with a ton of FCCs and that might be an issue when cancelling?

Good point on hidden fees! I am planning to upgrade by the time the cruise gets here, so will def look into the fees.

You shouldn't have to cancel your booking. I booked initially through Princess and then a few weeks later had the booking transferred to a TA. No problem at all and all of my information such as cabin number, dining time, etc. transferred with it. I did have to email Princess a letter requesting the transfer to so-and-so agency and agent. No big deal.

Thank you all for replies! I never thought about doing this before, so asking people "in the know" helps! :)

I'll research the fees and transfer or not based on that. $177 can cover a lot of platinum lounge drinks :)