Enchantment: Best Bar / Bar tender?

The "R Bar". All of the bartenders are highly trained. When we were on the Enchantment in December the bartender for Kate Middleton's bachelorette party was on board for the training of the R Bar mixologists. Our group had 4 different original martinis created by him.:D

• 3 weeks later...
The "R Bar". All of the bartenders are highly trained. When we were on the Enchantment in December the bartender for Kate Middleton's bachelorette party was on board for the training of the R Bar mixologists. Our group had 4 different original martinis created by him.:D

That is very cool! I plan to check it out.

I'm also a fan of the R Bar. Serious work done there...

One vote for the Schooner. Love the live piano music at night and the bartenders are very personable. Sit at the bar and listen to their tales.

Not sure if he's still there but Noel is lovely. One of my all-time favorite intoxicologists.

Oh -- they made me a special cocktail while I was there ... a champagne on ice with muddled raspberries. So delicious. I don't think it was on the menu.

I did the martini class on our four-night sailing and it was a blast. Highly recommend.

Desmond is the best...he use to be in the Viking Crown on Sovereign and Monarch...I just got of on Monday (3/3) and he was in the Schooner Bar. This was the first time in years I've seen him out of the Viking. I was expecting to see him in the DL but he said he was placed there (SB) for this rotation. New bar manager...

One vote for the Schooner. Love the live piano music at night and the bartenders are very personable. Sit at the bar and listen to their tales.

Not sure if he's still there but Noel is lovely. One of my all-time favorite intoxicologists.

Oh -- they made me a special cocktail while I was there ... a champagne on ice with muddled raspberries. So delicious. I don't think it was on the menu.

I did the martini class on our four-night sailing and it was a blast. Highly recommend.

I have done martini classes with NCL and loved them. I am on the 3 night though- anyone know if it is offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bartenders rotate on a regular basis, so they are familiar with the different locations. They also will work away from the guests (crew bar, theater bar). They also serve on Coco Cay. In addition to Desmond, Vaughan (now on vacation) and Alberto are the best! If you get a chance to meet Bar Manager Vinnie, he's a cool guy and enjoys listening to guests.

Rick and Deridra

Oooh...tell me more about the Martini Class! KSawyercruiser, I read your review, but it didn't mention it. Entertaining and informative review, though, by the way:) We are also doing 2 nights at Disney both before and after our 4-night EOS cruise in May.

Oooh...tell me more about the Martini Class! KSawyercruiser, I read your review, but it didn't mention it. Entertaining and informative review, though, by the way:) We are also doing 2 nights at Disney both before and after our 4-night EOS cruise in May.

So happy you enjoyed my review! Thank you!

The review was from our first Enchantment cruise. We did the martini tasting on our second. It was really fun.

I've found that the best places to meet fun people are the cocktail tastings. We've done beer tastings, mixology, wine, cognac and martini on our past cruises. (The exception to meeting fun people was the wine tasting. Kinda snooty ... although it was very informative and the wine was yummy.)

Okay, back to the martini tasting. There were about 14 people. It was in the Schooner. The bartender gave great information about the history of martinis and tips on how to make them.

We then got to try four different martinis: A gin martini, dirty vodka martini, a fruity martini -- I think strawberry -- and a chocolate martini. He had volunteers come up to demonstrate how to make them. The drinks were served in small martini glasses. Probably half the amount of a normal martini. But a few people didn't show up so we got to drink their martinis, too! :D

Interestingly, someone brought their son to this tasting. He was probably about 8 years old. Very well behaved and the bartender allowed him to stay. I had never seen that before. I thought it was odd but it ended up being a non issue. He just sat and read a book.

So much fun. And I think it cost $15 per person. I will definitely do it again.

Out of all our tasting classes, we enjoyed martinis and mixology the best.

Hope that helps!

Edited by ksawyercruiser