Coffee at afternoon tea?

Tazstravelgirl

I've been on several carnival cruises & have yet to make it to tea time. This April I will though! Are kids allowed? Sounds like something my 4 yr old would love while wearing her princess dress.

I would imagine they wouldn't mind a 4 year old....there really aren't many passengers at the tea. When I went there were probably 4 or 5 other people there.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

A few questions more if the OP doesn't mind me hijacking her thread! I had never even considered going until I read this thread about getting something else to drink; I don't drink tea either!

What do you normally wear to Tea Time?

Can you get a table for two or do you sit with others?

A few questions more if the OP doesn't mind me hijacking her thread! I had never even considered going until I read this thread about getting something else to drink; I don't drink tea either!

You can get a table for two. You can dress casual. We wore shorts & sandals.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Hijack away! I'm glad to get all this information. Besides CC, I haven't seen much about the tea. Now if I can find a way to actually have an appetite for all those delicious desserts at tea time. Going on the Breeze next and there are so many new foods I want to sample.

... Besides CC, I haven't seen much about the tea. Now if I can find a way to actually have an appetite for all those delicious desserts at tea time ...

Be glad that it isn't a full scale high tea, British style :D Dress code, definitely casual, wear whatever is comfortable. Only a small section of the AFT MDR was open as CCL knew how many usually go & plan it accordingly.

The key is to have a lighter lunch earlier than usual, or at least skip the dessert (whether it's the buffet or MDR) so that your stomach will be ready for mid-afternoon goodies.

If you have early seating for the MDR, it could be tough - we had late seating, so that was easy for us.

I've been on several carnival cruises & have yet to make it to tea time. This April I will though! Are kids allowed? Sounds like something my 4 yr old would love while wearing her princess dress.

Yes, kids are most certainly allowed. I think your DD would love it.:D

You can get other things to drink besides tea. On my last cruise I took in my own soda from my cabin and they didn't mind a bit. (I also get the drink card and have used that at tea time also.) You could bring in a cocktail or glass of wine if you wanted to.

Everyone dresses casual as it's not a "formal" tea. Like someone above said, they only use part of the MDR not the whole dining space as they know that not all that many people (I'd say the most I've ever seen are about 25-30 people or small groups.

It's worth it to give it a try if for nothing else than the tea sandwiches and delicious pastries. :)

Edited by mousey

Just off the Liberty, Feb. 8-15 sailing and there was no Tea Time listed in the Fun Times!:eek: I wonder if they have just discontinued it without saying anything?

We didn't go last sept while on Liberty but I saw it listed in the FunTimes. The spa kept me occupied one day and a nap the next.:)

• 1 month later...

Your daughter will certainly enjoy it. My daughter (almost 15 at the time) insisted we dress for tea and it was a wonderful experience. In November we will be taking the same daughter (now 28 and the mom of 2)along with the kids(7 and 8) and her husband. We can't wait.

On the FANTASY CLASS ships they have it in the piano bar. Makes it look like they have a nice turn out. Smaller so it seems everyone just sits around & visits. It also depends on who is putting it on. ( entertainment ) They will have someone playing the piano.

Lots of fun

DH and I love tea time...We have been on Conquest and Triumph only, and it is held in one of the dining rooms, and each time has been crowded..this is from NOLA and Galveston. He fell in love with the cucumber sandwiches, so whenever I start making them at home, he knows it is time to book another cruise!
:) and dress is very casual! Edited by americanmama