Can I move a reservation from CCL to travel agent?

1313steve

I got a call from a PVP today and they seemed to have a good deal on the cruise we want and the cabin we want, plus they are having a $50 deposit sale, etc.

I'll be receiving an award from my company in a few days that is a travel voucher, which I can use for any type of trip, but is through a specific travel agency.

My question is can I book it today with Carnival to get the price and cabin I want, pay the minimal $50 deposit, then switch it to the travel agent later and use the voucher towards final payment????????

Why go through that nonsense. Just have the Specific Travel agent book the cruise for you . They can get the same deposit and cabin as the PVP... Then when you get the voucher... use it to pay off the cruise.

Carnival's PVPs and their online booking engine and any travel company have the same pricing..

Why go through that nonsense. Just have the Specific Travel agent book the cruise for you . They can get the same deposit and cabin as the PVP... Then when you get the voucher... use it to pay off the cruise.

Carnival's PVPs and their online booking engine and any travel company have the same pricing..

Good plan, but I don't know who the travel agent is yet! I can't ask my company because I'm not supposed to know I'm getting this award! :D

I would doubt you could use the voucher on an already booked cruise. You would have to read the fine print on it. I agree with the previous poster, just book the cruise with the agency and use the voucher. Did you ask the PVP how long the reduced deposit sale runs? Usually they are several days at least.

Edited by Mysticks1

I got a call from a PVP today and they seemed to have a good deal on the cruise we want and the cabin we want, plus they are having a $50 deposit sale, etc.

I'll be receiving an award from my company in a few days that is a travel voucher, which I can use for any type of trip, but is through a specific travel agency.

My question is can I book it today with Carnival to get the price and cabin I want, pay the minimal $50 deposit, then switch it to the travel agent later and use the voucher towards final payment????????

Steve,

Carnival used to have a policy of allowing and even encouraging you to move your booking to a TA within 24 or 48 hours of booking, but wouldn't allow transfers after. I seem to recall they changed policy, but to what? I dunno. :confused:

Best answer would be to call Carnival and ask. ;)

You can easily transfer it over to the travel agent within 90 days of making the booking, but it has to be before the final payment date. The only thing I can't tell you is the policy of the travel agent you will be using, and the type of voucher you will get. If the travel voucher is for a certain amount of money, then you will most likely be fine to transfer the booking. If the travel voucher is for a full trip, then you may have to initially book with the travel agent.

Is the offer the PVP gave you an early saver rate? If not, then you can book the cabin and if the travel agent allows it, then you can just transfer the booking once you get the voucher. If the travel agent doesn't allow it, then you would just cancel the booking and create a new one with them. That wouldn't work if you had early saver, because you would lose the $50 deposit if you had to cancel and rebook. It also wouldn't work if you are past the final payment date.

Edited by It's a Ship!!!

Yes you can.

As long as you transfer to TA before final payment you can do it. I made 2 bookings last year in October and transferred them yesterday final payment is due today. I called TA this am and gave credit info just got email cruise is paid in full. There is no 24-48 hour or 90 day time limit. I do this all the time.

Sooo...

1) What is the advantage of switching to a travel agent after booking direct with Carnival?

2) HOW do you switch to a travel Agent?

HLR

In my case, it was a matter of not knowing who my travel agent was going to be at the time I wanted to book (to take advantage of a sale), Travel agents have more flexibility and can often offer OBC or other perks that the cruise lines can't.

I didn't end up switching, so I can't say for sure how to do it, but I'd imagine you'd just give the agent your booking ID and they would handle it.

Sooo...

1) What is the advantage of switching to a travel agent after booking direct with Carnival?

2) HOW do you switch to a travel Agent?

HLR

We switched from Carnival to a TA a year ago and I guess the rules have changed because you only had 30 days after booking with Carnival to switch to a TA.

We switched to the TA because it was a group cruise and wanted to join the group.

Just pick the TA you want, give them the information and your Carnival PIN and they will do it for you. They must have your PIN though.