Saw the Quest in SF over the wknd...

cruiserforlife

...my wife and I were walking along the embarcadero headed towards Fisherman's Wharf and noticed the Quest, we had to do a bit of research just to figure out what line it was! :o

Was in Pier 35 as the usual cruise pier, can anyone tell me what ship this was with previously or originally? :confused:

The Quest is one of the Azamara ships. There are two - the Quest & Journey - & they are small to mid size luxury ships that compete for passengers with Oceania & Seabourn among other lines.

Great ships to sail on! Get on board next time you see the Quest or Journey!

...my wife and I were walking along the embarcadero headed towards Fisherman's Wharf and noticed the Quest, we had to do a bit of research just to figure out what line it was! :o

Was in Pier 35 as the usual cruise pier, can anyone tell me what ship this was with previously or originally? :confused:

Hi cruiserforlife, Azamara's two ships, Quest and Journey, were originally two of 8 identical ships owned by Renaissance(sp) Cruise Line. It went out of

business some years ago - can't remember when - and the other ships were bought by Princess, Oceania, P & O, and Celebrity/Azamara. I can't remember

if any other lines purchased them.

Anyway, Azamara's two ships and crews are wonderful - never been on any of the ex-Renaissance Line ships, so I have no idea what they are like.

Hi cruiserforlife, Azamara's two ships, Quest and Journey, were originally two of 8 identical ships owned by Renaissance(sp) Cruise Line. It went out of

business some years ago - can't remember when - and the other ships were bought by Princess, Oceania, P & O, and Celebrity/Azamara. I can't remember

if any other lines purchased them.

Anyway, Azamara's two ships and crews are wonderful - never been on any of the ex-Renaissance Line ships, so I have no idea what they are like.

Oops! Meant to say - never been on any of the other ex-Renaissance

Line ships.

The Quest is a wonderful ship...good size and lots of overnights in ports. Sailed on her twice.

Azamara Quest is an R-class cruise ship that entered service for Azamara Cruises on October 24, 2007. She was built in 2000 for Renaissance Cruises as R Seven. Following the collapse of Renaissance Cruises in 2001 she was laid up for two years, until chartered to the Germany-based Delphin Seereisen as Delphin Renaissance. In 2006 she was sold to the Spain-based Pullmantur Cruises and renamed Blue Moon. She sailed for Pullmantur until 2007 when she was transferred to Azamara.

I was on the Azamara Quest Feb 10-18 docked in San Francisco for 3 days. This ship is usually in the Mediterranean. Small (755 Passenger) but nicer class ship. This cruise included all wine, spirits, specialty coffees, gratuities and even a free shore excursion that took us to Inglenook Vineyard owned by Francis Ford Coppola. Provided free shuttle service in ports also. There are only 2 ships in the fleet. The other one being the Journey. They recently partnered with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival

It was a nice change from the crowded, noisy ships.

I was on the Azamara Quest Feb 10-18 docked in San Francisco for 3 days. This ship is usually in the Mediterranean. Small (755 Passenger) but nicer class ship. This cruise included all wine, spirits, specialty coffees, gratuities and even a free shore excursion that took us to Inglenook Vineyard owned by Francis Ford Coppola. Provided free shuttle service in ports also. There are only 2 ships in the fleet. The other one being the Journey. They recently partnered with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival

It was a nice change from the crowded, noisy ships.

Yikes.. bite your tongue.. they are owned by RCCL...nothing to do with Carnie:eek:

CC