Limassol and Patmos--Suggestions Please!

Twocoasts

We are in each of these ports for a day in June. Looking for suggestions on how to spend our time. Not necessarily interested in an organized tour, more DIY.

Thank you!

Limossol was tough for us. Paphos is where you really want to go (absolutely lovely town with great historical sites). No mass transportation options worked. No car rental agencies near the port that I could find. We ended up on a semi-DIY tour set up on our roll call (everyone else did a "tour" in Paphos - but a few of us did our own thing once we got there). Driving looked to be very easy - if you can find a way to rent a car that might be your best bet.

Edited by buggins0402

Our day in Limassol here.

Hi, Buggins!

Hi RO! Loved seeing your pictures - it brought back great memories.

Once we got to Paphos - we did some similar things. We spent a lot of time at the Archeological Park. Then we went into downtown and ended up at a restaurant off the boardwalk near the beach. Had one of the best vacation lunches ever - we split orders of grilled octopus and grilled veggies and with some greek bread and olives, it was divine! On the water -with the view of the sailboats - we were in heaven. We finished with a stroll of the wharf area.

Note to OP - someone from our rollcall found a bus company and arranged the whole thing. It was a massive amount of work though. Two buses, if I recall correctly.

In 2009 I organized a private tour. It ended up being with two vans. The company was called Christours and they were OK, but not great. One of the drivers spoke no English. We toured the archaeological site in Paphos and also on the way back in Kourion. The mosaics are amazing.

Doing it again I would rent a car. They drive on the left but there was almost zero traffic. We have since driven on the left in New Zealand and Australin and it is not that hard to adjust.