scandinavia/russia or european explorer 2015

roda

Can someone help us compare the pros and cons of these two itineraries. What I would like is to hear from someone that did the 14 day Scand/Russia cruise. I like the ports but I am concerned about the short days at some ports. Did you feel rushed? Any feed back and information would help.

Next,I like the ports in the european explorer cruise. Is ten days enough?

Now the price question. We travel the fisrt week when prices come down in the spring or fall. What would be the best times for these cruises. We are doing only one.

Thank you co-members of cruise critic in advance.

RODA

We did the 14 day cruise out of Dover last summer. My wife picked it because of the 2 days in St. Petersburg. It was a great trip.

In St. Petersburg, we did the 2 day intensive Alla tours. At the end of each day, we were so tired that we could hardly take our clothes off to shower but they were also excellent tours. We had the misfortune of doing our cruise during the heat wave that northern Europe has last summer which probably caused the exhaustion but what we saw was worth the effort.

We also took the Princess missile silo tours and the Jewish tour. Both were very good.

DON

OHIO could you tell me which month you did this trip? I am hoping to go in September next year but not sure how cool it may be.

Thank you for responding.

Could you tell me about the Jewish tour in St. P.

Donald, thanks for the info. I thought Princess repeats it's itineraries. I want to cruise on the Ocean and chose this trip. I sailed the Pacific on the Holy Land cruise and loved the small ship and vowed to stay small.

Thank you

Yes, for Princess, London is either Southampton or Dover. And I see nothing from either place to Rome.

Is it just me or do others get peeved by cruise lines (& come to that airlines) being selective about the places they leave from and call at. London is not Dover and nor is it Southampton. Central London is about 76 miles to Dover and 78 miles to Southampton according to Google maps, albeit Southampton is on the right side on London for Heathrow airport and don't get me started on le harve to Paris which is around 122 miles from Paris.