4 berth cabins Celebration

Hi All. It's been a while since I was last on here, but having booked the Ancient wonders cruise on the Celebration, I need to ask an opinion.

As we don't spend a huge amount of time in our cabin, we've decided to "slum it":rolleyes: on an inside cabin on deck one. During a courtesy call from Thomson, trying to get us to upgrade, we were told we have a 4 berth cabin, even though there's only 2 of us traveling. So, anyone stayed as low as the ships cat? And if so, what did you think? Thanks in advance:)

I'm sure all the inside cabins are the same size, it doesn't matter which deck you are on.

The bathrooms have all been upgraded and apparently are very nice now, so everything should be fine.I haven't been on since the upgrade but I'm sure someone who has will confirm this for you.

I'm sure all the inside cabins are the same size, it doesn't matter which deck you are on.

The bathrooms have all been upgraded and apparently are very nice now, so everything should be fine.I haven't been on since the upgrade but I'm sure someone who has will confirm this for you.

The 2 & 4 berth cabins are the same size. I would be surprised if they would allow you to have a 4 berth as it means they potentially miss out on selling 2 extra Beth's!

The only difference is the 4 berths have 2 bunks which can be pushed away against the wall whereas the 2 berths don't. Oh - there is more wardrobe space too but 2 berths have plenty of storage space for 2 people.

We also have standard inside cabins and have been on Decks 1,2,3,4 on Celebration. They are all the same size and quite spacious and once inside you wouldn't know which deck you are on. The 3/4 berth have upper bunks which are left folded up against the wall if only two of you occupy the cabin. It's not uncommon for them to be allocated for double occupancy especially out of school holidays when there won't be many families with children travelling. We've had 3/4 berth for two of us and been perfectly happy with them.

Storage is excellent. There are four wardrobes in these cabins. ;)

We've been on Deck1 and found it OK but it can be noisy at the stern. As I imagine this is a deck 1/2 cabin category booking you could secure a specific midships cabin on deck 2 for £42. I don't view being on the lower decks as 'slumming it' - we just put the savings towards our next cruise! :D

So I'd say don't worry about it being a deck 1/2 cabin but I would pay the small amount to choose my cabin. Midships is best - and you might prefer to go for deck 2 rather than 1 whilst you're booking a cabin, but take no notice of the cold calls to upgrade your cabin. It's only them trying to get you to spend more money and if you're happy enough with a lower deck inside then save your money - it will go towards your on board expenses.;)

Hi All. It's been a while since I was last on here, but having booked the Ancient wonders cruise on the Celebration, I need to ask an opinion.

As we don't spend a huge amount of time in our cabin, we've decided to "slum it":rolleyes: on an inside cabin on deck one. During a courtesy call from Thomson, trying to get us to upgrade, we were told we have a 4 berth cabin, even though there's only 2 of us traveling. So, anyone stayed as low as the ships cat? And if so, what did you think? Thanks in advance:)

We are doing Ancient Wonders too this year. What date do you go?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for your insight. Slumming it was a tongue in cheek comment Kruzseeka. Really looking forward to the cruise, I was somewhat puzzled to be allocated a 4 berth cabin, for the reason mentioned above by Julessmiles. Could be false info to get us to upgrade? I may take you advice on choosing deck 2 though, so thank you. @all-floaty, we cruise July 21st:)

Edited by billmul

Thank you all for your insight. Slumming it was a tongue in cheek comment Kruzseeka. Really looking forward to the cruise, I was somewhat puzzled to be allocated a 4 berth cabin, for the reason mentioned above by Julessmiles. Could be false info to get us to upgrade? I may take you advice on choosing deck 2 though, so thank you. @all-floaty, we cruise July 21st:)

Have you actually paid the £42 to pre-book a specific cabin number? If not; how can they tell you that you have a 4 berth cabin?

I have done 10 thomson cruises and always had low cabins with no problem at all.

The last ship was the celebration and we did a low deck I think 2 and when sea is rough you are better down below

We were only in cabin to sleep

Enjoy

Thanks Willyboy1. And @Julessmiles, no we haven't paid to choose a cabin, so I am puzzled they have already said we have a 4 berth cabin. Still unsure what to do next. Picking a cabin number on deck 2, and paying the £42, is being considered.