Getting there - Mr Sanchos vs Nachi Cocum

kwcruise

I'm trying to decide between where to take my 8 and 9 year olds when we get to Cozumel in two weeks - Mr Sanchos vs Nachi Cocum.

Can anyone provide their two cents?

Would also like to know... the cost of taxi to each?

Should I reserve ahead?

Thanks a lot!

Taxi fare is the same to both 220 pesos (~$17) per taxi for 1-4 passengers, 300 pesos (~$23) for 5 and 440 (~$34) for 6 or more (van cab might limit out on seating at 8 or 9).

You need reservations at Nachi as they only allow 100 people in per day.

You need reservations at Mr. Sanchos if you are going to use their All Inclusive package. Otherwise, it's walk up.

IMO kids would be happier at Mr. Sanchos. Other kids to play; with more water toys. People who go to Nachi tend to do so to get away from the noise and mayhem created by tons of large groups with free-ranging children :D.

The cost wil be the same to Nachi, Mr. Sanchos or Playa Mia, as they are all right next door to each other.

Would help to know which pier you are coming from. (there are 3)

From Puerto Maya (Carnival) or International (RCCL) it will be $16 for up to four in a cab.

A bit more from Punta Langosta pier (NCL/Disney) in town.

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

Personally for 8 and 9 year olds I would suggest Playa MIa beach park.

Has waterslides and a great kiddie pool, an adult pool and the same straetch of beach as Nachi and Sanchos.

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

mitsugirlys incredibly detailed review with tons of pictures

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851647&page=8

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

Nachi, although my personal favorite, is for folks wanting a relaxing day.

My brothers twins (7 at the time) were bored there.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Mr. Sanchos has some inflatable water toys and 2 pools. (tiny one for ala carte side, larger one for AI side)

http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr_sanchos/home.htm

But my brothers kids LOVED Playa Mia.

Has everything the other places do, but a lot of great, permanent toys and slides, versus just the inflatables. (and Playa Mia has those too!)

I'm watching my nephew now, but I'll try to come back later and post some pictures.

Edited by bguppies

playa-mia-grand-beach.jpg

Playa Mia aerial

cozumel_mr_sanchos_beach_parasailing_excursion_72-22.jpg

Mr. Sanchos

nachicocom1.jpg

Nachi Cocom

cozumel_paradise_beach1.jpg

Paradise Beach

Playa Mia, Sanchos and Paradise are almost identical on the beach, with long rows of loungers.

Nachi is more spaced out, but they also have the 100 person limit each day.

Hey, I've got a question...

I'll be on Royal Caribbean Navigator in May with 5 other family members (all adults). I know that you need to take a taxi from the port to Nachi or Sanchos, but is it easy to get a taxi BACK to the ship?

I'm a little concerned because I don't typically do excursions that aren't booked directly with Royal, so I just want to be certain that it's a quick safe ride to/from the beach. Thanks for any responses!

Hey, I've got a question...

I'll be on Royal Caribbean Navigator in May with 5 other family members (all adults). I know that you need to take a taxi from the port to Nachi or Sanchos, but is it easy to get a taxi BACK to the ship?

I'm a little concerned because I don't typically do excursions that aren't booked directly with Royal, so I just want to be certain that it's a quick safe ride to/from the beach. Thanks for any responses!

At Nachi you will have an assigned waiter for the day.

Just let him know 10-15 minutes before you are ready to leave and they can ensure a cab will be waiting.

(5 trips there, have always had at least 2-3 cabs sitting in the lot waiting when we left.)

• 2 weeks later...
so where is Playa Mia and Mr Sanchos in relation to Nachi? Are all 3 of these right next to each other?

All the popular tourist beach clubs are lined up next to each other along the same side of the island. If I remember correctly Mr. S is just north of Nachi and Plays Mia is south of Nachi -- all will be about a $17+tip cab ride from the piers (for up to 4 passengers in the cab).

If you look at the map closer to the top, it shows all the popular beach clubs clearly, versus the 3 piers.

Paradise, Playa Mia, Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocum are all in a row, in the that order, south of the piers.

Chankanaab is closest to the piers.

Money Bar, not shown, will be closer to Chankanaab.

Last time we went to Mr. Sancho's (2010) and I remember passing a place that had what looked like zip lines. Does anyone know what this is? Is it still there? Just curious; we will be hitting Nachi Cocom soon.

ok, I googled it on satellite, just wanted to see how similar the beach areas are. We went to Paradise Beach one time and did not like it. Way too crowded, dirty pool, and the crowd was not our scene….and the people working there were rude. I would NEVER go back there. When we got back to the ship we talked to several people that did mr. sanchos or nachi cocum….everyone we talked to liked them both. I researched both, reading reviews and it seems the major difference between the two is Nachi limits their entry and is a little more laid back whereas Sanchos is more of a crowd in a party atmosphere with lots of activities. Both beaches are beautiful! While we might try the inflatables it would not be a highlight nor would it be a deal breaker if they were not there. That being said, my thought was if my DD wanted to play on the inflatables would it be close enough to walk down and pay for it at one of the other clubs. After checking the port schedule I believe there are 5 ships in port the day we arrive….I think it will be crowded everywhere.

Is there floats that you can take to the beach to lay out in the water on (we rented these in roatan last time we were there and really enjoyed laying in the water relaxing just floating around

Here is a example (not a good pic) of what I meanuvy6ygu8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That being said, my thought was if my DD wanted to play on the inflatables would it be close enough to walk down and pay for it at one of the other clubs. After checking the port schedule I believe there are 5 ships in port the day we arrive….I think it will be crowded everywhere.

5 ships is a pretty average day in Cozumel.

More depends on what 5 ships.

(We have 5 in April, but it is Oasis, Carnival Magic, Epic, Freedom OTS and us on the NCL Dawn. So each line's biggest ship)

When at Nachi, you can clearly see Mr. Sanchos off in the distance, to the north.

But we are talking quite a walk. (when people say next door, it isn't like walking from a Best Buy to Target next door. Just that the 4 beach clubs, by car, are next door to each other)

And I've never heard of competing clubs allowing people to walk from next door where they are spending their money and use the inflatables for $12, with no patronage.

Edited by bguppies

All the popular tourist beach clubs are lined up next to each other along the same side of the island. If I remember correctly Mr. S is just north of Nachi and Plays Mia is south of Nachi -- all will be about a $17+tip cab ride from the piers (for up to 4 passengers in the cab).

Another taxi question.....

There are 6 adults going to the beach day. Are there any cabs large enough to accomodate all 6 of us, so that we don't have to separate? Would like to save money, if possible!

Another taxi question.....

There are 6 adults going to the beach day. Are there any cabs large enough to accomodate all 6 of us, so that we don't have to separate? Would like to save money, if possible!

They do have vans..

We have never had more than 4 on our five trips to Cozumel.

But this year we have 6 going to Nachi and I have found out, we can't save any money.

The rates are for 1-4, then 5 ?!?!? (WTH) and 6-8...

The cost for us from Punta Langosta to Nachi for 1-4 is $17, 5 is $25 and 6-8 is $34... (the passenger rates - amountwise - are the same from the other two piers, just different distance rates)

So the cost of 6-8 is just double, 1-4..?!?!?!

Makes no sense.

Edited by bguppies

I am planning on going to Nachi in April. It will be me, my husband and my 5 yo daughter.

Question: Will my daughter be able to see Mr. Sanchos' inflatables? I know that she will enjoy Nachi and if she never sees the inflatables, she won't even know what she's missing. Just wondering if I need to plan an explanation of why we aren't able to use them....

I am planning on going to Nachi in April. It will be me, my husband and my 5 yo daughter.

Question: Will my daughter be able to see Mr. Sanchos' inflatables? I know that she will enjoy Nachi and if she never sees the inflatables, she won't even know what she's missing. Just wondering if I need to plan an explanation of why we aren't able to use them....

Found this picture in another thread that shows it pretty good.

DSC03220_zps0ce3665a.jpg

You can see the Inflatables in the distance if you look directly above Nachi's blue watertrampoline.