Roatan Zipline Question

Kaypayway

I have a "friend" who signed up for this shore excursion with a commitment to lose 10 lbs in a month. (She read it had a strict weight limit). She did lose 9 lbs and wonders how strict their policy is. I mean....errrrr she means....do they actually make you step on a scale if they think you might be a few lbs over?

Sincerely,

A little larger girl than the norm but perfectly athletic enough to Zipline.

I have a "friend" who signed up for this shore excursion with a commitment to lose 10 lbs in a month. (She read it had a strict weight limit). She did lose 9 lbs and wonders how strict their policy is. I mean....errrrr she means....do they actually make you step on a scale if they think you might be a few lbs over?

Sincerely,

A little larger girl than the norm but perfectly athletic enough to Zipline.

C'mon your weight can fluctuate 3-4 pounds depending on what time of day you weigh yourself. I do not think you are starting your cruise in Roatan hence there will be a chance that will gain some weight on the cruise before getting to Roatan.

I went to a zipline and there was an actual scale that I had to get on........I was not over the limit.

I would suggest your "friend" crank up the exercising a bit before the cruise.

If your cruise is going to Roatan, is it also going to Belize? You can zipline there. I did ziplining there. We booked it through http://www.cave-tubing.com. There was not a weight limit. As long as you fit in the harness you can zipline. I have a few pounds to lose as well and when I was parasailing in Cancun the rope connecting me to the boat broke. While parasailing I just floated down to the water. Having the line break while ziplining would have had a much more drastic outcome. The guys told me the lines can hold like 2000 pounds and I know that I don't weigh that much. We had a great excursion. The staff were great. I highly recommend ziplining in Belize over Roatan.

I was in Roatan last October for a dive vacation. We did the South Shore zipline on our final day there. I am a big guy (245-250 pounds) and had no issues. A few of the guys were bigger than me.They did not weigh us but they did put a second harness around our shoulders---we laughed and called them bras.I was a little concerned becouse of my size but these guys were professional in every way and I felt very safe with them. It was a blast----you just fly through the jungle with fantastic views.I would definitely do the South Shore Zip again.

Thank you everyone for all the great responses! Good to know there are other zip lines to choose. We are signed up for the one with the weight limit that ends at a park with monkeys. It was advertised as "extreme". I think I will see if we can switch to one of the others.

Congratulations on the loss, never a bad thing! 3 years ago my DH and I went on the zipline at Victor Bodden Tours. There were no scales and my DH at the time was more than a little overweight. Not only that but he has a terrible fear of heights and had to be shoved off. They were kind and accommodating. May not be so much now after he was there! ;) I have not read where they have added a scale!

I second the recommendation for South Shore. Book a private driver with Ronystours. He is spectacular. He can take you to the zip and then wherever you like. We love the freedom of having a driver for the day - Rony is great!

Edited by #1TravelMom
spelling

The weight limits didn't seem to be so much about the equipment, but pulling yourself up to hook on to the zipline. If you couldn't do it yourself, the young men who ran it helped. Couple times they kind of just booted me up with their knee or shoulder. I was 20 lbs under the limit, just not a lot of upper body strength. And no, there were no scales. You just signed something that you were under the limit.