Leaving the ship in Lisbon, hotels,.. and getting to the airport

Mindfultraveler

For whatever reason the clipper company will book the post trip hotel and transfers to the airport, but be aware that the charges for this service which are additional can be a shocker. It is obvious that I need to do my own leg work in securing a hotel for one night in Lisbon...then transfer to the airport for the trip back to Denver.

Has anyone here on this forum had experience in Lisbon at the end of a cruise. I plan to use a web site like http://www.eurocheapo.com to find a hotel. What have been your experience with taxi service to the airport?

Any advice would be appreciated. In the meantime I will be searching out the possibilities.

By using the link shown in the above post I was able to quickly resolve all the issues. I booked a room at the Residencial Florescents Hotel located in the central shopping district. There are several ways to reach the airport. So, if anyone else needs to do their own leg work go with the above link. Lisbon has a multitude of big and little hotels to suit every situation.

I consider the issue resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we paid 15 Euros from hotel to Ship (inclusive of tips) and about 20 Euros from A/P to hotel. I do not recall the compamy, but found them on Tripadvisor. You will absolutely love Lisbon