Entertainment Staff?

You can find an example FunTimes, which outlines the daily schedule of activities, from the Carnival Liberty here: http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2014-01-07/Carnival%20Liberty/7%20Day%20Eastern%20Caribbean/

More here: http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/

Edit: Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by Disconnections

Worst experience was not being able to just dance with real music (current top 40) on the lido deck parties. To me, the entertainment staff seemed to be holding a late night group dance aerobics class on speed. Truly, it seemed to me they had way too many energy drinks or something. I probably sound grumpy, but am really not and just wanted to have fun. We left feeling disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best experience? Watching the DJ/host of Karaoke go "Wow. We've never had anybody actually do that as a karaoke song before." when my son signed up to sing the theme from Ghostbusters. It's his favorite song and hey, it was listed in the book (list of songs for karaoke). :p

Worst..can't really say there's been a worst.

Best was Butch as CD. That was the first time I paid any attention to what the CD did. He was so personable, involved cruisers in so many activities and knew the names of so many passengers it was astounging.

No so good: On Paradise the staff member doing trivia decided your answer in Scattergories would need to be what she would say, rather than beating the others playing trivia. It didn't work well at all although she thought it was just fine. Lots of grumbling.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Worst experience was not being able to just dance with real music (current top 40) on the lido deck parties. To me, the entertainment staff seemed to be holding a late night group dance aerobics class on speed. Truly, it seemed to me they had way too many energy drinks or something. I probably sound grumpy, but am really not and just wanted to have fun. We left feeling disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are not sounding grumpy CCL entertainment use to have some of the best bands during the nineties and early 2000. To put it simply CCL does not want to pay the entertainers and probably their Health care so the hire DJ's and a couple of guitar players that play on the lido deck but according to john the beard's are relooking at the entertainment section and what will come out of this that is the million dollar question.

I've been curious about this too. Besides trivia and the lido party, what kinds of things do they do? On other lines I've seen 70's parties, western themes, etc. What kinds of things happen on Carnival--game shows, competitions? Do they have formal night parties? Does the cruise staff host things like Zumba and line dancing?