Bed Orientation, help me compile a list

sashas_mom

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Yikes 4 of you in there will be tight! :(

No Just 3 of us.

I don't know if that makes any difference :(. Booking an additional room was just too expensive. I was looking for something for the parents to do for 10 days without being bored during their visit to America. Hopefully I don't regret it lol!

Your cabin has upper bunks, to accommodate the 3rd/4th passenger (obviously, since you're booked in with your parents). In those cabins, it is indeed noted on the deck plan that the lower beds cannot be made into a queen, as the space between the beds on the floor is needed for the ladder up to the bunks. Some stewards will put them together anyway; you'll have to ask once you're onboard.

As for orientation, the beds will have their heads on the window wall, since it's a cabin with the extra bunks.

Thank you! very helpful that you have confirmed. I'll see about the config when we get there. Parents have slept together for 40 years+. I don't know how my dad will feel about not sleeping next to his princess LOL!

• 5 months later...

I am going to bump this up, as this is important to me when we can't book a balcony.

When I researched the Sapphire, when it was sailing Alaska, an expert here posted that at least some cabins on the Plaza deck had the bed against the wall, and the window was not blocked.

We are booked on the Coral, to Alaska.

I found a review from a couple of years ago, with photos of one of the cabins on the Fiesta deck, and these cabins should also have the bed against the wall, without blocking the window.

I am believing that the windows in these cabins on both the Coral and the Island might have bigger windows.