Online Checkin/Crown and Anchor

It is a great question. The line is actually still there for C&A members, however, I am not sure about it being a perk any longer. We are Platinum members, but because we used the Set Sail check in, we simply went to our deck to check in. Seemingly, we moved just as fast or faster than the C&A line because there was not as many agents dedicated to that line. While on the ship, I spoke with on C&A member who actually took the C&A line and was indeed angered that there was only one rep dedicated to the line. The only thing I can say is that it seemed like they were still working the kinks out of the system and that maybe this is one area that will get better attention.

We are Platinum members, but because we used the Set Sail check in, we simply went to our deck to check in.

Sunandsea, what do you mean by "deck"? Were the check in lines set up by deck level 2, 3, 4, etc? How many Set Sail lines were there? TIA

That is how our cruise in January was on the Brilliance. You went to the desk that had the sign for the deck you were on. There was also a counter for Platinum/Diamond & Suites. We have done the SetSail Pass for our Septemeber cruise, but I will just go to which ever line is shorter!

Does anyone know if there is a Plat/Diamond Suite lounge in San Juan?

Can someone please explain what the Set Sail Pass is? As a platium member I usually check in on the line indiacted for C&A Platium members. Is this part of the new online pre-boarding that was discussed in the last C&A magazine?:confused:

Donna,

Yes it is. However, it appears not everyone can do it right now since the new procedure is still "in process" for some. Just go to the RCI site http://www.royalcaribbean.com/gohome.do , click on "Before You Board". Then click on "Boarding Documents" in the drop down menu. Have your reservation number, proof of citizenship information and appropriate photo ID information for each guest in your reservation, credit card information in order to establish an onboard charge account and your C & A membership # with you. You will go through the usual Guest Information screens then on to the new Onboard Expense Account, Cruise Ticket Contract, and SetSail Pass screens.

If you are one of the ones that can make it all the way through the procedure, have your printer "at the ready" :) with paper & ink to print your SetSail Pass. It saves you from having to fill out forms in your docs or at the pier embarkation day.

When you arrive at the pier, they will need a printed copy of your SetSail Pass and identification documents for each guest. All guests listed on the SetSail Pass must be present to board. Per the previous posts, it will be up to you to decide which line to go in, the SetSail Pass line or the C & A Members line!

Good luck! I hope you are one of the ones that will make it all the way through the procedure! Mine is pending the credit card information from my cruisin' buddy in Kentucky.

arg-dancing-kat-red-on-white-url.gif

Well, I can't see us all bombarding them with calls :D I f you check, Libra, and post here, then a bunch of us would know the answer. Thanks! :)

Good idea, but if RCI runs true to form. But if 3 people ask the same question, they will probably get 3 different answers.:confused:

Thanks for the info! We usually take care of the paperwork online and then check in to obtain our card. I read about the SetSail pass but did not think it was up and running yet. I will give it a try and let you know how far I got!

Once again, thanks for the reply. :)

As more and more people use the online registration/check-in, C&A levels and seniority will not help anyone get onboard any faster as virtually nobody will be waiting to board anymore! The bottom line is that if you want to get on the ship faster, it's better to be computer-proficient than a C&A Diamond Plus member! The day is coming soon (maybe already here?) when the first-time cruiser using on-line check-in will board faster than the C&A Diamond Plus cruiser who walks up using the traditional, paper-based check-in at the pier!

Things will return to the way they are now.:)

Do you recall when online registration first started, at that time they had special line.

Now it's gone Same thing will happen with SetSail Pass.

I called Crown and Anchor today - at the moment there are relatively few people boarding with setsail passes so that line moves quickly. I have priority boarding as a Diamond Member - that and the priority boarding for suites etc. is not going to be eliminated, and will still be the best. In time, when the majority of passengers are boarding with setsail passes, everything will be back to square one; however boarding will be quicker for all concerned. The agents at the pier will know which line is best and send you in the correct direction.

Libra,

Thanks for checking this out with RCL. We will also do set sail and see if the Platinum/Diamond or set sail line is shorter.If it's anything like what happens in the grocery store I just know we will get in the slowest line!

Libra,

Thanks for checking this out with RCL. We will also do set sail and see if the Platinum/Diamond or set sail line is shorter.If it's anything like what happens in the grocery store I just know we will get in the slowest line!

Gee I thought that only happened to me!:D

Archived