Carnival Splendor 2/13-2/21

Giantfan13

Going on a memorial cruise in the summer. First time cruise for most of my family and the first summer cruise for me. I am worried about the crowds and the kids. I will have 7 of my own. Four are too little to get in mischief on their own. Two are really good teens but I do worry about that crowd mentality.

I would like a copy of funtimes too if possible---- npoconotravel@aol.com thanks

Thanks for the review we are sailing sans kids on 3/9... Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to be the damper on this parade but this is spring break in Canada, you may get more kids than you expect.

I'm just off the Splendor on Feb. 5, not many kids at all on that voyage. March 9th I'll be in Virginia, won't be the same on a land vacation, but it will be warmer than home!

Edited by craftykitty

about 9 carrying your own luggage

Sorry, but that is just not so. By 9, most who were carrying their own luggage were off or were in the process of getting off. Seemed 1/2 the ship was carrying their own luggage off, so it got kind of bogged down going thru customs.

The ship docked about 7:30 and by 8 or so, people were starting to get off.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

Love the Splendor! Sailed her twice while she was in L.A. and we're on her again in January 2015.

We DID pick a week when we can avoid unruly teens as much as humanly possible :D.

We're also very strategic when we cruise -- we book Spa Cabins, on the Spa deck. The days on the ship consist of Spa, Adult Pool, Serenity, Spa, more Spa, Steakhouse, bed. :D

Just got off Splendor in January. We were supposed to dock by 8 but it was after 9 I think and we couldn't get off til after 10 even though we had FTTF because we sent our luggage out. If you need to get off early use self debark. Also I don't recall there being Dr. Seus breakfast. It is not 2.0 upgraded yet.