Sensation New Orleans

ev8876

Not that quick :p It is all going to depend on when the ship clears customs... and that will vary week to week. In October, we were off the ship by 10:30, but had to wait a good 30 minutes for a taxi. Give yourself 45 minutes to get to the airport... Don't book your flight before 1PM to be safe... 2 would be safer...

We just sailed the Sensation......let them take our suitcases down on the last night and were in our car on the way out of N.O. the next day by 9:30 a.m. Our route took us right by the airport. Goin is correct as usual....LOL.. .... book your flight no earlier than 1:00 or 2:00.

Well, Ev, as you can see, no clearcut answer. Each cruise debarkation will be different, based on customs, etc. I was in my car and on the road home by 9:30 from the Sensation in November.

What you CAN do is go to the purser's desk and ask for VIP debarkation, and you should be one of the first off the ship. IF you can carry ALL of your luggage off yourself (not putting it out the night before), you can get off pretty quickly.

I'd never book a flight out before 1pm - and even Carnival says this. It's not that far to the N.O. airport, but depending on traffic, could be a while. Even with our 8 lanes of traffic, one little fender bender can cause a jam...! Good luck.:) Normal driving time for me is 20-25 minutes to the airport from the pier area, but could take as long as 45 min. to over an hour.....all according to traffic.

Archived